The Fall of Long Feng

a/n: holy chalupas this is going to be on the long side compared to the other chapters. hope you enjoy thooo<3

we all landed on an island and got off of appa. i went over and sat on a rock and toph sat on the ground. katara stood in between us.

sokka walked over to us "look we escaped from the dai li, we got appa back, i'm telling you, we should go to the earth king now and tell him our plan. we're on a roll."
"one good hour after after weeks of trouble isn't much of roll." katara said

"we can build on it. if we want to invade the fire nation when the eclipse happens, we need the earth king's support."
"what makes you think we'll get it?"
"i agree with toph, we're still technically criminals in ba sing se. it won't be easy. and things never go smoothly for our 'little gang" i said standing up

"i know but i've got a good feeling about this. this time will be different."
"sokka, long feng is in control of the city. his conspiracy with the dai li is too powerful. i think we should just keep flying and leave this horrible place behind us."

"i'm with sweetness. i've seen enough of ba sing se. and i cant even see!"
"i've seen enough too and i can see." i said slightly mocking my sister

aang flew himself in front of us, "but now that we have appa, back, there's nothing stopping us from telling the earth king the truth. about the conspiracy and the war."
"see, aang's with me." he smiled sheepishly putting his arm around aang.

he took his arm off him and continued to try and persuade katara "it's the whole reason we came here in the first place, we have to try."

katara thought for a second before speaking "well i guess if the earth king knew the truth, things could change"

toph stood up "i don't trust the new positive sokka. LONG FENG BRAIN WASHED YOU DIDNT HE?!"
"ooo sokkaaa" i said taunting him

aang ran to the edge of the island thing we were on. sokka, katara, and i followed trying to see what he was looking at.

there were a group of ships and sokka spoke up "that's probably the dai li searching for us, so?" we looked to katara for her answer "let's fly."
———
we got onto appa and started flying. we were all holding onto appa by his fur since we didn't have a saddle anymore.

"CAN WE PLEASE BUY A NEW SADDLE? RIDING BAREBACK IS TERRIFYING." toph screamed

sokka then pointed out a large building, "there it is. that whole thing is the palace. the earth king's chamber should be in the center."
"we have to be careful. long feng's probably warned the king that we're coming." i said
"why would you assume that? if you ask me, i think we're just gonna sail right....AHHH"

a large bolder flew at us and appa quickly dodged the incoming rock

"WHAT WAS THAT?" toph yelled scared to death
"SURFACE-TO-AIR ROCKS! MORE INCOMING!"

sokka then yelled again as appa was dodging the air rocks.

one was coming right at us and i was prepared to die right then and there but then aang shattered the rock with his earth bending. as rocks kept flying at us appa kept dodging them and aang kept bending them.

(y'all i'm gonna struggle describing the earth bending scenes😭)

aang then jumped off appa and bended the floor where the soldiers were standing and caused them to fall and fly out of the way. appa landed and growled more soldiers out of the way.

once the way was clear sokka, katara, toph, and i jumped off appa. i readied my swords. we started running towards the large stairs.

as we were getting closer to the building more soldiers showed up and started bending at us. katara was water bending, and toph and aang were earthbending. sokka and i stayed on guard.