The Library

sokka, toph, katara, and i were on appa's saddle; while aang, zei, and momo were on appa's head.

while the professor was admiring appa we were looking out into the desert looking for the library.

"hopefully i can find a book on swords."
"swords?" katara questioned
"yea hopefully i can learn more about them so i can be one with my sword."

toph started laughing hysterically

"what?"
"oh come on. i just want to learn more about my prime weapon. you got to learn from badger moles."
"fair point."

"does this place even exist?"
"some say it doesn't."
"shouldn't you have mentioned that before?" i said groaning.
———
we had been flying for some time and it was getting hot. i was next to toph leaning over the saddle.

toph sat up with excitement and pointed

"there it is!"

everyone came over excited and i was laughing because it was completely blank

"that's what it will sound like when one of you spots it."

she waved her hand in front her face smiling. i started laughing more

"she's blind" i said in a playful tone

all their faces dropped

"it shouldn't be this hard to spot a giant, ornate building from the air."
"down there, what's that."

i went over to sokka's side and looked where he was looking. i held my hand motioning for him to give me the telescope. there was a tower.

"he's right somethings down there." i pointed and aang guided appa to it.

we landed and katara pulled out the library picture.

"forget it. it's obviously not what we're looking for. the building in this drawing is enormous."

i snatched the drawing from katara and looked at it.

"no it is the library! look! it's completely buried and there's one of the foxes!"
"the library is burried?!"

the professor ran to the library and fell to the ground with a tiny shovel in hand.

"my life's ambition is now full of sand. well time to start excavating" he said as he started to shovel

toph went up to the library and put her hand on the wall.

"actually, that won't be necessary. the inside seems to be completely intact. and it's huge!"
"that fox thingy went in through a window. i say we climb up there and give it a look."
"i say you guys go without me."
"you got something against libraries?"

i smacked my forehead

"i've held books before. and i gotta tell you, they don't exactly do it for me."
"oh right sorry"
"let me know if they have something you can listen to."
———
we started climbing down the rope first the professor, then aang, then sokka, the me, and finally katara.

"oh, it's breathtaking! the spirit spared no expense in designing this place. look at those beautiful buttresses!"

i giggled and i heard sokka and aang giggle too.

"what's funny?"
"nothing. we just like architecture." aang said
"as do i"

we all slid off the rope and momo came flying in and landed on aang's shoulder

"my world! the ex-

i lean over to sokka
"this man is a nutcase isn't he?"
"mhmm"
"-avain symbol..."