Chapter 13

im so busy with school, so sorry, here's an update

*******

I stop screaming when the peacekeeper places his hand on some gun type machine hanging from his belt. Everyone is watching, so I turn around again and face forward, my heart beating at an unhealthy pace.

What is going on?

Effie steps on to the podium. This year, she is wearing a bright green outfit. She has little leaves in her hair, as well as green vine and trellis like pattern going from her short skirt to her high, high heels.

"This year, this very special Hunger Games, our delightful President Snow has something, sadly, not as exciting as the Quarter Quell, but a little extra. Why not spice up the Games while we're at it? "

You can cut through the tension in the air. Is this why Hunter and I are back in the reaping pool?

" This year, from every district, we will have TWO victors returning into the arena as well as a third one!"

Oh shit. I am going back into the arena.

***

" Ladies first!" Effie chooses me a second time and shows me a bit of pity as she shakes my hand.

"Now for the men." Hunter , instead of Haymitch gets chosen. I try to empty my mind until I am away from the cameras and the people. Breaking down crying is weak.

For the final tribute, Effie dumps the boys' names and the girls' names into a larger glass bowl and mixes them up. After a few seconds (feeling like a lifetime) Effie pulls out the name.

Please don't be Emily, please please please.

"Megelia Saltcoats."

I almost let out a sigh of relief. But that's rude. Megelia, a girl who looks about 14 years old, steps up to the stand. She is pale, and not very skinny yet not large like the higher class merchants. She is a bit taller than Emily. Her lanky, long legs barely balance her shaking.You can see the tears fall out of her blue eyes as she steps up to the platform.

"Our tributes." Effie says. This is going to be an interesting year.

****
A new character yay! Cant wait for the next chapter.