Chapter 3

Authors Note

How you liking it so far? Its more dramatic. And, ugh, Rupalia is so depressed.

The president is more forward than in Katniss" version. Ya knoe, im warning you or I'll kill you. Ya gotta love that guy...

Adri

*********

After the coast was clear, I told Haymitch and Hunter. I couldn't tell my mom, she would freak out.

They took it pretty calmly, Haymitch already knowing this would hapoen  and Hunter understanding(of course I cut out some stuff for Hunter, like the president. I just suggested we become more romantic in public)

"So we have to kiss alot more, right?" He said, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes, loving how he can make any situation lighter.

****

The next morning, I drooped around, slowly getting ready. Cinna laid out a shirt, a white turtleneck sweater,comfortable pants, and a nice, insulated coat made with fur.

After saying my goodbyes, I open the door. White snow flurries into the house as I see Hunter open his door also. The cameras are lined up, waiting for the Victors of the Seventy-Sixth Hunger Games.

I run toward him and he catches me.He spins me around as I giggle. He puts me down and we face the camera, flustered and smiling.

"So, how are our victors?" Ceasar asks.

"Oh,we're wonderful. But I know we wouldn't have been here if not for the love and support of the Capitol." I say.

"And what do you think, Hunter?"

"Honestly, I'm just glad to be here with Rupalia."He tightens his grip around me and kisses me on the forehead.

"So are you ready for the Victory Tour?" Ceasar asks.

"We sure are. We can't wait to visit the Districts, especially the Capitol"I say.

After too much smiling and a little more conversation, the cameras shut off and we separate.

"See you later."Hunter says as he smiles at he and walks back to his house for final goodbyes.

I reach into my pocket to feel for my mockingjay pin. I've kept it ever since my last Games.

****

After boarding the train, Effie hands Hunter and I note cards.

"These are for you to read at each District. I've worded them out just for each of you. You will get new ones for each District."

Pre written cards? Sounds like Effie thinks we can't handle ourselves.

She wouldn't want you to say anything wrong or upset the government. You know, make them lose control..

That was wierd. Not nice thoughts, Rupalia.Or whatever your name is.

Its Alia. I'll be "helping" you from now on.

Did I just name my subconscious seperate personality? I need to sleep.

I take my cards and get ready for  bed after a delicious dinner. I hear a knock on the door, and pray that its not Effie coming to update on the schedule again. Seriously, it's  freaking annoying.

Its Hunter. He is leaning against the door, like always, half smiling. The dim hallway lights cast shadows under his lashes. He's too adorable.

Invite him in.

Alia, maybe he doesn't want to come in. Maybe he wants friendly conversation.

Sure, friendly conversation while you two are busy-

"Eh, hi, Hunter."I say quickly before my subconcious finishes her statement. That one was close.

"Would you mind if I stayed the night?"

You better say yes, you know you go mush for him.

Go mush? How limited is your vocabulary? What is wrong with you?

"What?" Hunter asks, a little confused.

I gasp as I realize I said the last sentence out loud. "Nothing, sorry, talking to myself. Sorry if I offended you or anything. Wow, I can be so wierd sometimes. Effie can really be a bad influence on me, he talking and planning and stu-"  My mindless babbling is cut off by Hunter's laughing. I blush as he walks in and sits on the bed.

I cuddle up next to him and he whispers sweet nothings in my ear until i fall asleep.

***

Well, um, i found out that the guy i liked...his name was david..and .. HE TRANSFERRED to frIGGIN AMERICAN HERITAGE HIGH SCHOOOLLLL

dayum. shoulda got his kik doe :/

Btw, i update every friday, if i can, if i remember. K bye. Vote plz. It only takes a sec :)

Adri