Chapter 12

6:30 am and i have a burst of creative energy- enjoy,comment, vote

*******

Everyone gloomily treads around the house as we get ready.

Grace, Emily, Luke, and  stay quiet and disobedient as my adjusts their clothes and dresses. They're brand new, shipped straight from the Capitol, but they are itchy and tight and uncomfortable(like most capitol clothing) and thankfully not too bright and extravagant.

Winter has passed so the air sits sticky and gloomy outside.

Gabe runs around bubbly and happy. He doesn't know what is going on. But eventually he will have to, and then what will happen to his innocence, which will slowly diminish as he reaches the age of 12?

Today is the reaping.

The breakfast is eaten slowly and is hard to swallow. The dress I am wearing is an soft orange dress of mine, way back to my birthday, where Cinna specially made it.

Since Emily was reaped last year, and I volunteered, she is free from the reaping pool for three years, unless we sign up for tesserae.

We arrive slowly at the town square,Peacekeepers lined up around everywhere, tense and rough in their demeanor and stature. The future tributes, children from the ages of 12-18, are pushed into a fenced area.

There's never been a fence before.

"Ms.Rollo, have you been checked in?" A peacekeeper with a deep voice asks.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Come with me." He escorts me away from the citizens area, and pushes me into the female area. They close the gates behind me, and I turn around very confused.

" I am not supposed to be in here." I tell the peacekeeper at the gate.

" Not required to answer questions, Miss Rollo." I look around and I see Hunter also in the boys stand.

"Let me out of here!!!" I yell in the Peacekeepers face.

I am a Victor. I am immune.I hope I am just here for decoration because I am NOT going back in that arena.