Chapte 20 *Angel*

“You’re gonna what?”  I questioned, confused.

    “I’m going to be a religious grief therapist, so her dad will let me close.  Then I can get info from her that might help us figure out what the heck is going on here,” Scarlett explained.  Once again.

    I closed my eyes and rubbed the bridge of my nose, letting her plan soak in.  “And what do you get out of this?”  I asked, cautious.

    “Samual,” Uriel warned.

    “Peace.  Knowledge.  The satisfaction of knowing I helped solve a history long love story,” Scarlett responded sweetly.

    I opened my eyes.  “What about Lucifer?”

    She shrugged.  “What about him?”

    “Won’t he like find out and attack or something?”

    Scarlett looked at me, then Uriel, and back to me.  When she found out I was serious, she started laughing, “Okay, one he doesn’t just ‘attack’.  The last time he just came out of Hell, it started the Black Plague.  After that, he just comes to birthday parties.  And two, who says he has to know?”

________________________________________

    Scarlett left a few hours ago to get her fake certificates and cards for Hannah’s father.  And Hannah should’ve been home two hours ago.

    So where in God’s name is Uriel and Scarlett?

    My ears perked up just then to the sound of Uriel’s car pulling into the driveway.  I continued to pace the living room until the two decided to announce their presence.

    “She’s stubborn, that one,” Scarlett announced, walking through the door.

    I froze.  “What?”

    Scarlett fell on to the couch, and Uriel walked into the kitchen.

    “Hannah.  She’s stubborn, but gifted.  Was Lilith the same way?”

    I clenched my hands into fists, then released them.  “Yes.  Exactly.”

    Scarlett’s eyes widened.  “Wow...Crazy.”

    “Insane,”  I muttered, walking towards the front door.

    “Samual, where are you going?” Uriel asked.

    “To see a friend of mine,” I replied, pulling the door shut behind me.