Chapter 28 *Hannah*

We were sitting in silence when my phone started vibrating.  I took it out, and Kameron raised a questioning brow.  “Hello?” I answered to blaring music and screaming.

    Someone breathed into the phone.  “Hannah?  Where are you?”

    Roni?  I pulled the phone away from my ear to check caller I.D.  Yup Roni.  “I’m  at the old cave.  What’s wrong?”

    “Marcy’s already wasted.  I think it’s time to go,” Roni screamed into the phone over the pounding music.

    I rolled my eyes.  “Okay.  I’ll meet you at the car.”  Roni responded by hanging up.  Great party.

    Before putting the back into the pocket of my skirt, I noticed the time.

    We’d been in the cave fore almost two hours.  Funny how fast time went.

    “Is everything okay?”

    I looked up at Kameron, concern clouded his eyes, and I shook my head.  “No, Marcy’s a light weight, and I’m their D.D.  So I better go,” I stood up, as did Kameron.

    “Let me walk with you,” he offered his elbow.

    I smiled and looped my arm through his.  Sandals in my other hand.

    We walked out of the cave and back to the gate, but before I could past through Kameron stopped me.  I turned to see what was wrong, but  his face was hidden in shadow.

    “Hannah,” he whispered.

    His tone made goose bumps rise on  my arms.  “Yeah?”

    He slowly dropped his arm so that our hands could interlock in front of us.  “Thank you for showing me the cave.  And telling me about Marcy.”

    I dropped my head, and mumbled a welcome.

    “Can I ask you something?”

    I looked back up and into his eyes.  “What is it?’

    “Do you like Joe?”

    His body tensed as the name left his lips, and I shook my head.  “No, he’s just an old friend of mine.”

    With that, Kameron relaxed and squeezed my hand.  “Okay.”

    I could hear the smile in his voice.  But okay?  What did okay mean?

    Then Kameron let go of my hand, and walked through the gate.  Soon he was out of sight.

    What the hell?

    I growled and put my sandals back on.

______________________________________________________

    Roni was leaning against my car, Marcy sitting at her feet.

    “What took you so long?” Roni growled, obviously buzzed herself.

    “With Kameron,” I responded, unlocking the doors.

    Marcy responded with a moan.  Roni pulled her up and buckled her in the back seat as I turned the engine on.

    I put the car in drive when Roni sat next to me.  “Was he feeling you up?” Roni smirked.

    I gritted my teeth, still ticked at him for leaving me like he did.  “No, the opposite.”

    Roni chuckled, and Marcy moaned again

    “Leave her with me,”  Roni sighed as I stopped at a stop light.

    I glanced at her through the corner of my eye, “You sure?”  she nodded.

    The rest of the ride was silent, until I pulled in front of Roni’s house.

    “Where am I?” Marcy slurred, obviously have been passed out.

    Roni got her out of the car, and I watched as they walked into the house leaning on each other.  Then I continued on home.  It was almost eleven thirty when I pulled into the driveway.

    But Dad was still sitting on the porch.  Crap.  Eleven curfew.

    “How was it?” He asked as I walked up the steps.

    I smiled slightly.  “Good.  I spent most of the time outside though.”

    Dad nodded.  “It is a nice night out.  Did the girls get home safe?”

    I nodded.  “They are at Roni’s.”

    “Marcy’s mom called awhile ago.  Have you heard?”    I sat down next to him.  “Hear what?”

    Dad’s face fell .  “Anna might not make it through the night.  Marcy’s mother asked me to pray for her.  The poor girl will be put out of her suffering soon.”

    I was looking at my hands, tears in my eyes.  “Poor Marcy,” I whispered.

    “Hannah,” I looked at Dad, “Go get some sleep.  God will sort this out.”

    I didn’t answer just stood up and left.

__________________________________________________________

*What do you think's going to happen next...?*