Chapter 19 *Hannah*

Hey you guys...so long time no update, I know.  I could come up with a bunch of excuses, but the truth is..Well, I didn't have my laptop for a week cause it was getting fixed, then when I did have it, I would be like "Okay! Time to write a chapter Love!" Then I would get all seated, but then Youtube or Tumblr pictures on Google would start calling my name and that would be the rest of my day.  I know :'( it's the horrible truth..anyways here you go..

_____________________________________________

I jumped out of my car, and walked up the porch steps.

    School had been horrible.  I couldn’t even seem to focus on my art piece, even though I needed one for the upcoming art show.  And I still have no idea what to submit, the deadline’s on Friday.

    I pulled open the front door and froze.  “Ariel?”

    Ariel Mason was sitting on our couch.  She blinked, and quickly stood up.  She had on a green off-the-shoulder top and shorts.  Probably trying to prove she has nice shoulders and legs.

    “Hi Hannah.  How are you?”  She smiled politely.

    Her shirt highlighted her eyes.  Her strange eyes.

    “I’m fine,” I responded slowly, setting my bag on the couch.

    Ariel blinked, confused, then she laughed at my uneasiness. “Oh, I’m sorry.  I brought my friend to see your dad.  They’re in his study.”

    “Oh,” I muttered.  “Do you know where my mom is?”

    Ariel sat back down.  “Yeah, I think she went to the store.”

    Mom never leaves guests alone, unattended in the house, so she must’ve known it would be awhile.  I grabbed my bag off the couch.  “Oh okay.  Thanks then.”

    I walked past her, and started up the stairs.

    “Hey Hannah?”

    I stopped, and turned around.  “Yeah?”

    Ariel looked up where she was staring at her Converse.  “Is Kameron in any of your classes?”

    My heart squeezed at the sound of his name.  “Yeah?” I mumbled.

    Her eyebrows pulled together perfectly in thought.  “How is he?  Adjusting, I mean.”

    I shrugged.  “I guess he’s fine.”  How would I know?  I didn’t even talk to him today.

    Ariel slowly nodded.  “Thanks Hannah.”

    I watched as she fixed her gaze at something through the window in the front yard, lost in thought.

    Something was wrong.

     I went up the stairs, and into my room, shutting the door behind me.

    What did she mean by her friend?  I thought she didn’t have any?  I wondered about this as I pulled out my Trig homework and English essay.  Some fun I’ll have tonight.

    After an hour or so of Trig, I gave up.  Stupid math, it never made any sense when I wanted it to.  It only seemed to work when I was buying new paints or brushes or when –.

    I jumped as there was a knock on my door.  Then a red haired, young woman poked her head in.  She smiled, and I turned down my radio.

    “Hey there,” her smile widened, “Can I come in?”

    I looked around my room.  It was clean, I guess.  But who the hell was she?

    “I’m a friend of Ariel’s, and your dad’s now, in case you were wondering,” she added quickly.

    I licked my lips, then nodded.  “Sure.”’

    She pushed the door open, and quietly sat at my desk.  “You paint?”  Mystery Girl asked, looking around my room.

    Her eyes stopped on my face and I smiled faintly.  “Yeah, since I was little.  I didn’t really get into it until three years ago.”

    Girl cocked her head.  “And why is that?”

    I looked her up and down.  “I’m sorry, but you are…?”

    Girl straightened her head and laughed.  “No, I’m sorry.  Totally being rude over here, my name’s Scarlett.”

    She stretched her hand out to meet mine.  I took it hesitantly.  “Hannah,” I offered.

    Scarlett’s smile returned.  “Cautious, I like it.  More girls should be like you, but I promise you can trust me.  Your father let me in here, didn’t he?”

    I didn’t answer.  There was no way in hell she was gonna have me spill my life story to her.

    Her smile slowly disappeared, and she sighed.  “That’s fine, but here.  Whenever you wanna talk.”  I watched as she handed me a card from her pocket.

    “Bye Hannah.”  She walked out of my room, and down the stairs.  I followed her, but stopped at the top of the stairs just in time to see her shrug to Dad, and him nod knowingly in return, then escort Scarlett and Ariel outside.

    What the hell just happened?