Turning the tables (AU) (Catra and Adora)

"Do it"
Catra frowned at the defated warrior. "Do what," Catra laughed, but Adora was in no mood for such luxuries. Adora looked up at her with a snarl.
"Finish me, Catra" she said angrily.
"I just did, Adora." Catra stroked the sword with her claws, "You're sword is mine, your friends are unconscious and defeated, the Horde has wo-"

"JUST KILL ME ALREADY"

Catra stumbled back, horrified.
Kill Adora? Could she even do that? She'd done a lot of things she hadn't really wanted to over the last few years... but kill Adora?

Just because they had been trained to kill doesn't mean they could.

Adora, fortunately, hadn't seen this because her face had fallen limp down to the dirt beneath them. All her strength had been drained out of her after she lost her sword. Clearly she had become dependant on it, the idiot.

"Oh Adora, don't you see?" Catra said as bent down on her knees to bring her face to face with Adora. Catra grabbed the hopeless princess and slowly traced a claw down the blonde's cheek. Then she stared right into those blue eyes that she had grown to hate just as much as she had loved.

"I just did"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three months later

Catra gazed over the Freight Zone. Her hair was blowing slightly in the wind and she was grateful her new suit had a sleeve to cover the chill of the breeze. The buzz and wirr of machinery echoed through the valley, mixed with voices echoing through it. The sun was starting to dip over the edge of the valley and soon it was going to get dark.

The place's green and orange colours had stayed throughout all its years...even now, when it was a prison.
Not that it wasn't before.

Although now it was crawling with prisoners. People who had disobeyed the Horde and commited other sorts of crimes. Technically she should be down there, but she couldn't entertain that thought. There was something she needed to do and she needed to focus on it.
Catra brought her hand up to the golden Horde badge on her left chest, reminding herself just who she is. Or at least, what they saw her as. This badge was more than a badge. It was a representation of a title. But it was more than a title. More than ruler of the Horde.
More than ruler of Etheria.
Only Entrapta and herself knew what it really was, everyone else knew it as the representation that she was the ruler of all of Etheria.

Breathing in deeply, she forged ahead into the Freight Zone to meet her old enemy. She kept on the rooftops, not caring to pass the security. She scurried around in the shadows, searching for her target. Truth be told, it felt good to push her physical abilities after so long. It took her about 13 minutes to find who she was looking for, and the time loss caused her to become irritated. Most likely she was going to snap at someone who bothered her next.

But that feeling sort of melted away when Catra spotted her. Her blondes hair was untied, hanging loose like it did these days. It had grown in the three months she had been here, and so had she, but not too much. She was wearing her usual clothes, her jacket was slightly ragged though. Catra wondered if she wore the same one everyday. Her face hadn't changed much either, it was just a little scruffy and she didn't want to clean it that much. Of course the same couldn't be said for Sparkles over there. Apparently losing a war didn't stop a princess from wanting to be clean all the time. However, not for the first time did Catra allow herself to laugh at how useless the princess was now. No teleports, no magic. Destroying the runestones was a good idea.
Or at least, it had been, because after today that was all going to change.

The siren sounded for the prisoners to go to their cells for the night, and Catra waited for the procedure to finish, looking into the distance all the while. She collected her thoughts, reflecting on the conversation she had had with Scorpia earlier that day in the woods.