History 2 (AU) (Glimmer and Catra)

Continuation of History AU
NB: Scorpia had arrived at Catra's place and stung everyone to sleep (with help ofc). Now Catra, DT and Scorpia are on their way back to the Horde with the rebels in tow.

The three have set up camp for the night and Catra is currently on second watch as Glimer wakes up from her second dose of Scorpia's venom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please don't teleport."
Catra asked calmly into the silence that lay upon the two girls at the fire.
Glimmer huffed at her effort to appear to be asleep while slowly waking up. She had not gathered herself enough to teleport them out of here yet. Wherever here was.

"Damn you, Catra." The princess spat as she sat up and faced the mercenary poking at a fire a few metres away. "You couldn't stop yourself from betraying us, could you? You just had to sell us out." She shook the sand off her and whacked her clothes free of them as Catra continued to pick at the fire silently.
"Where the hell are we that there's so much sand, anyway?"
Catra smirked at that, while the fire lit up her mis-matched eyes. "The one place your teleporting is useless, Sparkles."
Glimmer frowned, not understanding and tried to look around in the dark, but couldn't see much. It took a while for her eyes to adjust only to tell her there was more sand. Endless waves of sand in every direction all around her. The wind was freezing her face and she was often stung by the grains that flew at her. The smells it brought was enough to a person hurl. Glimmer was about to get up to get a better view, maybe punch Catra across her jaw, but it was as she was getting up that she put the pieces together. She almost fell over back into the sand as the realisation craved on her.
"The Crimson Waste..."

If your wondering why Glimmer's teleporting is useless in the Waste, it's because she'll get her friends, pick a random direction to teleport and get them lost because she'll be exhausted. The Waste is massive ya'll.

Catra gave up poking the fire and threw her stick into it. "That's right, princess. Welcome to the place where I-"
"YOU TOOK ME TO THE CRIMSON WASTE?!" Glimmer screamed at her.
"And your friends," Catra raised her eyebrow and pointed to the mini tent where all the others where sleeping. "Don't just forget about them because you're in a bad spot."
"A bad spot?" Glimmer repeated. "A bad spot?!" She repeated, even louder and angrier the time. "THIS IS THE FU-"

"Hey, you're not still mad about that night, are you, Sparkles?" Catra asked, seemingly oblivious to her shouting.

Glimmer immediately shut up and made it her utmost priority to not blush at such memories. She refused to show any form of reaction that would give Catra satisfaction. She also refused to believe the furious heat in her cheeks wasn't going away; it was never there in the first place.
"W- You- I-" she tripped over her words as desperately tried to come up with the best thing to say to make it seem like what had happened meant nothing. No, less than nothing. "I'm not mad. Why would I be? It didn't-"
"Wow," Catra smiled at her, revealing the fangs in her mouth. "I didn't know you liked it that much."
Nope. The reminder was not making her face burn up furiously. Not one bit.
"I did not!" Glimmer protested, stomping her foot and protecting the little dignity she had left.
Catra chuckled at the flustered princesses, enjoying every second of it. "You need to get out more, Sparkles. Up your game." She said as she got up from her spot and walked towards her.
Glimmer sorted. "Well, I'm sorry if I'm a little busy at the moment." She said sourly, still trying desperately to dissipate the blush across her face. "You know, being captured and going to be sold to my enemy and all."
Glimmer crossed her arms as the feline princess came over to her side. Catra giggled lightly, as she took a seat next to her, the disturbing the sand. Glimmer watched her with a scrunched up face.
"I'm just saying," Catra said as she lifted her hand and retracted her claw from her index finger. "Maybe you should take this little trip of yours as an opportunity." Catra brought down her finger and poked Glimmer's thigh. Glimmer swatted her hand away after a second however, and the cat scolded at her.
"Relax. I'm just checking your thighs are as thick as they where."
Now it was Glimmers turn to scold. "Catra, do you honestly think you can treat me like a friend after everything we've been through?"
Catra hesitated for a moment, visibly frustrated - no, angry - at her words. The she snarled. "I'm just bored, okay? And I wanna sleep."
"Is that why I'm out here and the rest are inside? So you can sleep on my leg?"
"I slept on your whole body the other-"
"Could," Glimmer interrupted her before she said it, speaking through gritted teeth. "You. Not."
Catra sighed, not finding it funny anymore. The gun-for-hire spread her body across the sand next to the princess and lay on her back to look up at the sky. Glimmer did her best to not look as she stretched her back, instead staring into the flames of the fire. An uneasy silence feel upon them as the minutes ticked by.