Chapter-32 Future

~I can't take back the past, but I can fight for the future~

Lily's pov

Everything around me felt bizarre as I stood rooted to my spot not moving a muscle. My lips quivered in the gloomy night, weeping not only for the crime that had taken place but for myself. My hands shook slightly as my gaze flew towards Angelo's bloodied body, eyes open, a look of mixed surprise and horror on his young face as he laid in a pool of darkening blood.

"Oh, baby." Hyperventilating, I snapped my head away from Angelo's body and towards Adam, eyes reflecting fear.

"S-stay away from me." I tried to warn but my voice only came out as a whimper. "You- killed him." My mind was overwhelmed with daze, trying to process the situation.

"I won't ever hurt you." He hissed through clenched teeth, his words were strong and held a promise. In just two long strides we were millimeters apart, I didn't move.

"Never again lily, I promise." He shook me by my forearms making my body jolt, dark eyes peering into mine with an unknown intensity and a promise. "It had to be done or else we both would've died." Realization struck my mind, Angelo was going to end my life, a person who I'd trusted was going to murder me in cold blood.

"Baby, breathe for m- for yourself." His calloused fingers shot towards my neck luring me back into his deep dark irises, as he nodded in encouragement. "Breathe." His hushed whisper sounded through my ears bringing me back from my stance while his other hand darted its way towards my lips, rubbing away the quivering.

I exhaled a deep breath my shaking fingers rising towards his thick bicep for support. "That's it, that's my good girl." He praised with a smile, however, his smile was strained as if he was hurting, breaking inside."Zoe, we have to find her." I panicked.

He didn't respond instead his strong fingers swept all the way to my cheeks wiping away the tears. "I'm sorry." He spoke and my jaw went slack.

Sorry? For what Adam? For ripping away my heart and its happiness or for killing Angelo?

What are you really sorry for Adam?

I decided not to speak on it. "I promise we'll find your friend, but for now we should leave." He stated with a slight hiss and instantly my gaze flew towards his abdomen as if deep inside a part of me knew he was hurt and I was right. Holding back a horrified gasp, I saw fresh blood oozing from it his now white shirt was ruined, covered in blood.

His blood.

"You're hurt! Are you in pain?" I asked assessing his injury, he shook his head mouth forming up in a smirk. "It's nothing I haven't dealt with before." He replied clearing his throat his eyes examining me with a deep intensity as if searching for an answer.

"Let's go." Adam didn't let me answer, he cradled me into his arms taking me by surprise."What are you doing? You're hurt." I said in an obvious tone my arms wrapping around his neck.

He smirked smugly quirking a dark brow my way, "And you care why?" I swallowed before shrugging. "I don't, but not everyone's like you." And he went silent.

"Why?" I pressed peeking at him through my hooded eyes. "I told you, I'll always be there to rescue you." Was his only response, so calm and collected. How could someone act so calm and collected after killing a person?

Then, he shoved my face into his neck and the usual midnight masculine scent entered my nostrils, this felt so right yet so wrong. My body moulded into his arms as if I was the only one who would ever fit into it. My heart was hammering against my chest and I was afraid that he'd hear it.