Chapter-29 Moving on

~If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection- even when all hope seems to be lost. Certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are- and who we we can become. Across space, across time, among paths we cannot predict- nature always finds a way."

Lily's pov

1 year later.

"Why do I feel this loneliness inside my heart growing day by day? Sometimes I just feel empty and god knows how much I want this feeling to go away and never return." I mentally rolled my eyes at my pathetic words that made me sound like a depressed soul. Hell, I wasn't depressed anything but that.

My fully qualified therapist Audrey Carter gave me a knowing look before sighing. "lily, how exactly would you describe this feeling?" She asked, before grabbing the pen from her desk and resting it on her notepad.

I rolled the cigarette between my fingers thinking for a good minute. "Like, I may not be physically alone, but mentally I feel that there's no one in sight." I admitted before pulling the cigarette back to my lips.

She nodded writing down whatsoever, "Did you ever felt this way around Adam?" My breath got stuck away in my throat at the mention of his name. One year, it had been one year since I last saw his face and I had promised myself that it was going to stay that way.

I hated that man, with everything in me.

"lily?" Audrey's desperate voice broke me out of my thoughts, "I- I don't know." I agreed shrugging slightly.

She heaved a sigh before speaking up. "I'm afraid, you have to be more specific than that."

"Yes he had hurt me been with him most of the time was painful but I never felt a hollow inside my chest, never." She hummed in response.

"From what it seems like, this sudden feeling is caused when a heart desires what it can't have, when something that is close to it is far away." I shook my head vigorously barking out a chuckle that sounded nothing funny.

"I'll have to disagree with you, I don't love him anymore my heart doesn't feel the same way as it did before." My voice was firm stripped out of any emotions. Audrey clicked her tongue before nodding again.

"Alright, but I never said Adam was the reason of it, perhaps it could be your mother." She had no idea that my mother had died years ago. Yes, of course I missed her everyday but I had accepted the fact that she was gone long before I ever felt this kind of loneliness.

Not knowing what to say I mumbled back. "Could be."

"Quote of the day, we don't meet people by accident, they are meant to cross our paths for a reason." And I thoroughly listened.

♥♥

"You're late." Slamming my locker shut, I turned towards Angelo passing him a sheepish smile. "Oops my bad, but blame Xavier he woke up late." I defended huffing softly.

Angelo and I had been friends since the day I arrived at the college it was a huge coincidence when I saw him roaming around the hallways all alone, he was in the second semester while as I was in the first. Ellie went back to Italy when she saw that I was doing better and with in no time we all graduated from high school it felt like yesterday. Life without her felt boring I missed her inappropriate jokes and teases. However, I couldn't do anything to change that. She was now happily completing her bachelor's degree from a famous college in London.

Life never felt so fast.

I also didn't have much friends except for Angelo and Zoe, a part of me wanted to keep it low-key. "Look who finally decided to show up." Zoe clapped her hands before hugging me, I hugged her back before grimacing.