Chapter- 40 awake

~I was asked to spell "love" so I spelled your name.~

Lily's Pov

4 weeks later

I laid back in my seat studying the cup of black coffee, squishing the liquid around it absently. Four weeks.

Four weeks since his absence, the doctors said there was no reason for him to remain in a coma and he might wake up any day. But, what was that lucky day going to be? I've been dying to hear his voice, just the smell of his cologne sent my heart yearning to hear anything from him.

I wasn't sure if I was ready to forgive myself for what happened to him. The guilt and the hate were very much present and they grew stronger each day.

"Lily." A very worried Enzo strolled inside, his shoulders tensing ever so slightly. "Damien's here." And just like that my breath halted as I swallowed a deep lump. Shock wasn't the only thing that was plastered on my features it was the nervousness and the anger that took a turn on me.

What the hell did he want now?

"Why?" I found myself asking with a scowl etched on my lips. Enzo shrugged plastering a confusing look on his face. "Maybe he came here to apologize?"

"Tell him that I don't want to see his face," I stated in a blank tone which caught Enzo by surprise. I never once in my life got mad at Damien, we never fought but this time it was different he'd caused me enough pain. He disowned me when I needed him the most.

"Lil, at least you should consider talking to him. You know Adam would want this." He reasoned making me sigh in disapproval.

Would Adam want this?

"Okay." Was the only thing that I managed to mutter. If Adam would want this then so be It.

Enzo planted a sorrowful smile on his face before stepping away making Damien's vision appear. He stood there his expression clad in blankness looking sharp and clean as ever. The leather jacket hung upon his shoulders. His eyes darted towards Adam before slowly trailing towards mine in a sympathetic manner. He inhaled sharply his jaw twitching at the sight of him.

"I'm sorry." He rushed out guilt and regret written all over his face. "It doesn't really matter." Woah, when did I become this dry and cold and that too towards the cousin who I'd thought off as a brother.

"Lil, come on." Enzo forced out to which I just shrugged before blowing out a deep breath. "Enzo, are you serious? Damien was literally going to kill Adam if I hadn't stepped in! Yeah, I get that he had every right to be pissed because I lied to him but none of it was Adam's fault he wasn't holding me captive. I went with him because a part of me wanted to."

"I don't want to see your face, Damien, neither Zayn's nor Xavier's," I stated in an authoritative tone. Damien looked hurt but he covered it up by sighing in defeat. "I know lil, I admit that we all overreacted but we were just trying to protect you, but I can tell that Adam is very much invested in you. I get it now and words can't express how defeated I feel. Not only did I lose Adam but I lost you as well and it pains me to see you in so much pain- and Adam as well." His words struck deep, There was a slight hint of grief present in his voice.

"I still look think off you as a little girl, as my little sister." He finished.

Inhaling sharply. "I forgive you, but only if you apologize to Adam," I replied. Damien shook his head in a nod before a smile took upon his lips. "Of course." Enzo tossed a nod my way pleased.

"Everything's going to be okay lily, he's going to wake up don't lose hope," Damien assured before tackling me in a hug which I gladly accepted seeking his comfort. "Look at you, you have bags under your eyes have you been sleeping?" He scolded, Shrugging in response I sheepishly rubbed my eyes.