Chapter 10- The World Seems Radiant

Korra's POV

I woke up in spirit water to see Mako and Bolin next to me but (Y/N) wasn't waking up. "What's happened to her? Did Vaatu do something?" I asked and Mako and Bolin looked as sad as I felt. "The energy surge did a number on her more since she was closer. She needs more time to recover." Kya says, continuing to heal her. Tenzin filled me in and told me they had found Jinora but she ran off after she sensed something was wrong. I told Tenzin that my past lives were gone. "If that's true then..." Tenzin started. "The cycle is over. I'm the last avatar. I'm so sorry Tenzin." I said as tears ran down my face. I looked to (Y/N) as she was still being healed. I wonder what's going through her mind now.

"The other avatars may not be able to help you anymore, but perhaps I can." He said approaching me. "No one can help me now." I said. I haven't felt this way since Amon took my bending away, it feels worse than the last time. But being strong is what I'm supposed to do. "I know I haven't been the best mentor to you, but I realized it was because I had a lot of spiritual growth to do myself. There may still be a way for you to stop Vaatu." He says and that made me lift my head in hope. "How?" I ask. "Let go of who you think you are, and connect with your inner spirit." He said. "Haven't you heard anything I said. Raava is gone. I'm not connected to a spirit anymore." I said and before Tenzin continued another voice spoke up. "He's not talking about Raava idiot." (Y/N) speaks struggling to stand while she holds her side. Bolin guides her towards me. She kneels down below me and cups my face. "Raava is not who you are, Korra. You are so much more." She says to me and smiles. "Come with me. Both of you. I need to show you something" Tenzin said, addressing (Y/N) as well. He guided us to where Vaatu was trapped. "Why are you showing me Vaatu's prison?" I ask. "Because this tree had history long before it held Vaatu." Tenzin said. "It's the tree of time." (Y/N) said and airbended up. Tenzin had a look of shock on his face but he continued "The legends say that its roots bind the spirit and physical world together." He said. I was a little skeptical at first but before I entered the tree (Y/N) whispered something to me. "It helped me connect with not only Tula but with myself, it will work, it has to." She said and I hugged her. I then look inside the tree and see my memories surrounding me. "These are my memories." I said. "The tree of time remembers all. Korra, the most powerful thing about you is not the spirit of Raava. But your own personal spirit." Tenzin said. I looked to my memories and noticed the moments before Republic City. The times where me and (Y/N) were just training and laughing and running away from the white lotus guards. I smiled at those memories. After Tenzin gave me more of his guidance then he and (Y/N) left me alone to focus on my meditation. I have to get this right, the world depends on me, (Y/N) depends on me.

As I focused, a memory of Avatar Wan and Raava appeared in my head. "If you and Vaatu have the same fight every 10,000 years, why hasn't one of you destroyed the other?" Wan asked Raava. "He cannot destroy light any more than I can destroy darkness. One cannot exist without the other." Raava answered. Then Tula spoke to me, "Find the light within the dark"They said. I awaken to a place inside space and see a gigantic version of myself. I walked into the orb of light my figure was holding and before I knew it I was controlling a giant spirit version of myself.

(Y/N)'s POV

Korra walks out the tree and grows into a giant spirit lady. Very cool is my first thought but then as spirit Korra goes off to fight Vaatu, Bumi asks, "Um... What did you say to her exactly?" I chuckle but slowly sit on the rock ready to meditate as well. "Just enough." I say and smile at Tenzin. "What are you doing?" Bolin asks. "I'm connected to Vaatu and Korra, if she needs my help I'm sure I can find a way to do that." I say. "Be careful kid, the blast did a number on you." Kya says with caution and worry. "I've been through worse." I say and close my eyes. As my spirit dances is the lights above Republic City, I see Korra crash into the sea and knock Vaatu back. Vaatu rises from the water. As he stands tall, his center glows bright. Two beams soon collide, the clashing of them hurts but I power through voices from Bolin worries me about my physical condition but I have to persevere. "It's hurting her, we should pull her out." Bolin says. "No, her aura is growing stronger each second. There is a risk of it doing damage but she is strong as well. Her and Tula combined they are destined to help the avatar through multiple lifetimes. Starting now." Tenzin said. Focus (Y/N). You must focus or you could lose your connection. I look to Korra and see her spirit grabbing the vines from Unavaatu and pulling him closer and kneeing him in the face. She then grabbed him and tossed him into a nearby mountain from her shoulder. She weakened him with a charged punch to the gut and used her palm to search for Raava but Vaatu's vines grabbed her as he said, "You are looking for something that is gone. Raava has been destroyed, and soon you will be too!" He then blasts her with his beam and she falls to her knees.