Chapter 1: Back Home

Korra's POV

It's been a peaceful but long 6 months, Bolin has been trying to revive the Fire Ferrets, Asami has been working on her company, and my boyfriend Mako has become a police officer, and (Y/N) is off somewhere exploring. I haven't really gotten any letters from her since she left, I thought at least she would write back but I guess she was just doing her own thing. I have been doing things, relaxing, playing with Tenzin's kids and such. I had just won a race and Ikki complained about me using the Avatar state to win. Tenzin starts rambling on about how I need to master airbending and hopes a trip to all the temples will help, Am I even going to have time for Mako or (Y/N) when she gets back? "Before we go on your dad's study trip we're gonna have some real fun in my hometown at the Glacier Spirits Festival, they've got rides, games, and all kinds of fried foods on sticks." The kids cheered in excitement but Jinora stayed to ask me something. "Is (Y/N) going to be there?" Jinora's siblings stopped and all looked at me. I don't even know anymore but I don't want the kids to be disappointed. I nod and they cheer even louder, Now I just need to be hopeful she'll show up, for my sake.

(Timeskip)

We get on the boat and night time approaches quickly. I'm talking to Mako, our relationship was ok at the start but it's getting a little rocky. I was laughing at one of his jokes and I started talking about my training but Mako always takes sides with something. "Tenzin's just trying to help you become the best avatar you can be." I roll my eyes and get up. "Of course you'd take his side." I say irritated. "I'm not taking sides I just-" I interrupted him and said I'm going to take a walk. I reach the open deck and look off into the distance flashes of that memory on the cliff with (Y/N) as kids. How she's changed is crazy, but exciting at the same time, she used to be this overexcited kid always ready to spar and fight now she's intelligent and clever, she still has her physical strength but with her personality she's perfection in my eyes. NO, I should be thinking about her like this, she's my friend. For now, those words keep echoing in my head. I take a deep breath and decide to turn in for the night.

(Y/N)'s POV

Six months and absolutely nothing, not even a rumor on some horrible man in a prison on a mountain. I've had my fair share of theories on who it could be but it's too far fetched and I don't even think I'm supposed to know about the battles the White Lotus face but at this point I'm feeling hopeless. I just want some closure, I want to know why he couldn't give me a normal life or at least what happened to my mother. I've traveled through the earth kingdom, and the fire nation, but not a thing. I feel like people are keeping secrets from me now, but not any better. The only person I've written to is Asami, I feel that if I write to Korra it'll be too much. Mako is out of the question for obvious reasons, why would I write to the guy dating the girl I'm in love with? Bolin had been focused on the Fire Ferrets comeback, at least that's what Asami told me. I really hope they don't hold a grudge on me not writing, Korra has most likely been enjoying her wonderful relationship and training with her airbending. And here I am half asleep after pulling an all-nighter studying maps and weapon techniques I haven't seen yet. I'm currently staying with Korra's parents since the festival is today, I'm sure a whole lot of memories will bring me back to a more stable attitude. The thought of my family hasn't been the most easy to deal with along with nightmares of Amon it doesn't make a good combo. The nightmares are slowly fading but it's easier if I just bury myself in maps and constant adventure. I got to stop off at Kyoshi Island, and I had a surprise for Master Katara.

Katara always told me stories about her adventures during the 100 year war, and told me about Councilman Sokka's meteorite sword, she said they never found it but during my adventures I soon discovered the very island where Avatar Aang defeated Fire Lord Ozai. It took a couple of tries but I ended up having to dive deep underwater to grab it, I nearly drowned trying but what's life without a little risk. The sword was hidden in my luggage when I came back home now all I needed to do was give it to Master Katara. Tonraq came into my room to let me know we were leaving to meet Korra. Everyone was preparing to leave but I greeted Master Katara ready to give her the sword as thanks. "Morning Master Katara." I said with the sword behind my back. "Good Morning, are you ready to see Korra and your friends?" She asked and I chuckled. "Of course, it's been months, I'm sure we'll all have fun at the festival, but I wanted to quickly share something I found during my travels." I said and Katara's face grew curious and I held to sword in its case out to her. She quickly realized what it was and reached to touch it but pushed it back into my arms. "(Y/N) you deserve that sword just as my brother did." She said. "I don't understand, wouldn't you want to keep it." And she shook her head. "I have plenty of things to remind me of my brother, but that sword should go to the person that reminds me of him the most. He made that sword through pure hard work, which he grew into had you've done the very same by claiming your adventures, chasing after answers, and improving your skills. You've earned that sword in my eyes." I quickly place the sword at my hip and hug Katara, she's truly made me feel wanted and I'm happy to have her a part of my chosen family. I thanked her and we made our way to the docks.