25. Starting the Summer

We are now heading in to the summer and I cannot wait. We leave tomorrow so today is the end of year feast and as a tradition Professor Lupin is leaving as the defence against the dark arts teacher, wonder who we will get next year.

Not only did we win the quidditch cup we won the house cup as well and I've never seen McGonagall so happy as well as most Gryffindor students. Dumbledore made his end of year speech and we all tucked into the food.

We then walk to the common room and sit around the fire.

"I can't believe we are sixth years next year." Melody tells all of us.

"Yeah, well some of us aren't responsible enough to even act like third years." I say laughing.

"Hey!" Fred, George and Lee all say.

"I never mentioned any names." I tell the three boys as they all pulled grumpy faces.

"It was implied." George replied.

"If the shoe fits wear it." Alicia says and we all start laughing, as the boys were still acting grumpy.

"What's everyone's plans for the summer?" I ask the group.

"Jack and I are meeting up not sure what else just have to wait and see I suppose." Melody tells the group.

"I'm not sure yet." Alicia replies, "I need to see what my parents want us to do."

"I think we are going to France to visit my auntie for a week or two." Angelina says.

"I don't know yet" Lee says drugging his shoulders. "What about you three?" He asks the twins and myself."

"Dunno" we all reply at the same time.

"Are Bill or Charlie visiting?" I ask them and they shrug their shoulders.

"We should all try and meet up at diagon alley at some point." Lee says.

"Yeah we should, could get ice cream and wonder round." I tell them.

"We will have to check dates that we can all do it though." Angelina says, "as soon as I get home I'll ask and write to you all."

"Sounds like a plan." Jack says as more students move up the stairs to their dorms.

"Has everyone finished packing?" Alicia asks the group as I rest my head on Fred's shoulder.

"Just have a few things left to pack and I'll be done" I tell her, "I know for a fact the boys probably haven't started packing yet, except Jack."

"We may of put a few things in." George says unconvincingly.

"So you mean the stuff you never unpacked?" Angelina asked him and the other girls and I giggle at her comment.

"No of course not, why would we not unpack properly?" Fred asked sarcastically.

"Because you lot are too lazy." I tell him.

"Us lazy?" Fred and George ask at the same time and both face me.

"I've seen you both just grab stuff out of your trunks never wardrobes, so it is easy to assume you both never unpack because it then ends up in a pile." I tell them and slightly roll my eyes at the pair.

"Well I suppose we should go and finish packing then" Alicia says.

"Yeah." The other girls and I say.

I peck Fred's head and go up the stairs with the girls and finish packing the rest of my clothes before heading to bed.

- - - -

I woke up in the morning and went to breakfast with the group we were all excited for the summer, especially the twins as they want to work on the joke shop stuff.

I walk to my room and grab my trunk and my small bag that I am going to take on the train with me. I take one last look around the room and carry my luggage down the stairs, as approach the last few steps Fred takes the trunk from me.

"Thank you, Fred." I say to him as I walk down the last couple of stairs.

"It's okay you looked like you needed some help." He tells me as he sits my trunk down with all the other trunks that will be taken to the train.

"I suppose we should make our way down the carriages." I say as I pull his hand to hold it.

"Yeah, the others have already gone down apart from George and Lee they should be coming from the dorm now." Fred tells me, as coincidence would have it the boys appeared waking down the stairs with their luggage.

"There they are, hurry up you two." I tell the pair as the finish walking down the stairs.

"Okay, okay" Lee says as the two boys place their bags with the rest.

"Let's go." I tell them all as we all look around the room one last time and walk through the portrait hole.

We arrive at the carriages and get on, we are one of the last groups to leave for Hogsmead station, we sit down and I rest my head on Fred's shoulder, he then wraps an arm around me as we travel down to the station.

"Five years down, two to go, wonder what will happen next year" Lee says.

"I have no clue, but can't wait to find out." I tell the boys.

"Yeah with Harry Potter here it will always be eventful." Fred says.

"He never did finish telling us about the whole Scabbers and Siruis Black thing, we will get it out of him later." George replies to his brother.

We arrive at the station and get to the compartment that we shared ever since first year. And the train sets off for platform nine and three quarters.

The boys start talking about the joke shop products they were coming up with ideas and I was pulled into a conversation with the girls about the classes we are going to take next year.

"I think I'm going to stick to all the ones I don't for my OWLs I get the right grades obviously." Alicia tells Melody and myself, as Angelina and Jack were on prefect duties.

"Same, it's all I require for a standard career in most things, to be fair I think I would like to either be an Aurora or healer I kind of need to decide on which one I want to do soon." I tell the two girls and sigh.

"I was thinking of being a herbologist." Alicia tells us, "I find it really interesting."

"I'm still undecided as well, leaning towards being an astronomer." Melody says.

We carry on chatting throughout the train journey and I could see we were mere minutes away from arriving at platform nine and three quarters and I couldn't wait for the summer.

- - - -

A/n: hope you all enjoy this chapter, I had a bit of writers block in this chapter that's why it took a while to come out.

Anyway hope you have had a nice day or having a nice day, we were told we are going into tier 4 lockdown as we are 6 days away from Christmas, which has made everything more stressful so that has been fabulous.

On other news I'll hopefully release another chapter tonight.