77. The Weasley Twin's Magic

As Melody and Jacks wedding was approaching closely, I planned her hen party and it would be held at her house and I was slightly excited to drink for the first time in months. I was currently sat talking to Melody in her bedroom, as she asked me to come a day early to spend time with me and Fred happily agreed to look after the twins.

"So do you think it's over over between you two?" Melody asks me as we sit in her childhood bedroom.

"I don't think we want it to be but he clearly cannot handle that I have postpartum depression and probably depression in general." I begin telling her. "And I think it is good for us to be having this break, we only talk about the girls and anytime he brings shit up, I tense up and leave rather quickly."

"You two are soulmates and I think you two need to talk if not for your relationship but for Thea and Lyra; you do need to tell him how to help you. Most people don't know how to help with these kinds of things let alone Fred, who let's face it isn't the most serious person in these situations." Melody tells me. "And if you truly love each other, you'll be together."

"I do truly love him, I think I need time to grieve properly - you know I found out I was pregnant, then my dad died and then everyone knew and expected me to be happy. Then I almost died well practically died when the girls were born and then everyone expected me to be fine? So I think time without each other helps and I've only seen Molly once or twice since." I tell Melody, and she looks at me sympathetically.

"You'll always have me, and you know I don't care about how you feel, l'll always be there for you, just talk to Fred tomorrow before the hen party." Melody tells me.

"What if I show up grumpy?" I ask her.

"If you do, I'll get you drunk and happy." Melody replies. "But now it's time for bed."

"Okay - okay." I tell Melody.

The next day goes by really quickly, getting the house ready and ourselves, and Melody makes sure I look really good for Fred, before getting ready to send me off to the shop.

"You look amazing, and you just need to talk to him and open up properly - none of this half assed shit I've seen you do before, and I will find out." Melody tells me.

"Okay, mum." I tell her and we share a small laugh. "I'll be back soon."

And with that I apparate to the shop, which is just about to close, and I walk through the door.

"We're just about to -" Fred begins saying,
"y/n, what are you doing here, don't you have Melody's hen party?"

"Yeah, that doesn't start for another forty minutes yet, I was wondering if we could talk?" I ask him, and I walk over to the tills, slightly struggling from being in heels.

"Of course, we can, we will have to stay down here as I'm closing up, and then I have to get Thea and Lyra from mum's." Fred tells me.

"Yeah that's fine." I say, walking behind the till and sitting on the chair, as he begins sorting out the money and till.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Fred asks, not looking up from what he is doing.

"I think you know, Fred." I tell him, a little bluntness in my voice.

"Oh, that..." he says, I don't know what else he would think I'm taking about.

"Yeah..." I say, before he cuts me off.

"I think we both still need some time y/n, it's only been two weeks." Fred tells me, okay this is so different for what I wanted to happen.

"Err - yeah... sure." I reply sadly.