Chapter 5: Bottled Water

Mabilis na lumipas ang panahon. Mabilis agad akong naisalang sa una kong trabaho nang magkaroon ng shoot ang BTS para sa isang magazine.

Lahat kaming pitong bagong natanggap na makeup artist ay nandoon, kasama si Yeri at isa pang senior.

We were in a separated van. And when we arrived at the venue, we were sent into a spacious room.

Mabilis akong dumalo kay Jimin para ayusin ang makeup niya. Behind him was a stylist for his hair, and I was in front, crouching so I could level myself with him while he was sitting.

He closed his eyes when I told him to and I applied makeup to it. We were instructed to make it simple yet noticeably dark to keep up with the theme that's black and white.

I was busy with his lips when I felt him staring at ne. Nag-angat ako ng tingin sa kaniya at nahuli ang mga mata niya. He seemed serious and focused. I cleared my throat to get his attention because he seemed mesmerized.

"Can you part your lips a bit?" I asked and he nodded.

I went back to adding a bit color on his lips and I felt his eyes returned to watching me.

"How's your hand?" He asked softly when I was done.

"Good. It's not so deep so it healed fast," I asnwered honestly, finishing his lips.

Nagpaalam muna akong kukuha ng tubig na maiinom. Doon nadaanan ng mga mata ko ang iba pang miyembrong inaayusan pa rin ng buhok katulad ni Jimin.

My eyes wandered for Jungkook and I saw Yeri attending to him. The new makeup artist assigned to him was on the side, carefully watching and listening to Yeri's instructions. Since he was positioned horizontally in front of me, I saw clearly how his eyes glued on Yeri in front of him. It was the same stare with Jimin's a while ago.

I suddenly felt uncomfortable when I remembered his gesture the last time. I am starting to suspect things but I don't want to conclude without any evidences.

Bumalik ako kay Jimin kahit pa medyo wala na sa tamang pag-iisip. Ang utak ko kasi'y lumilipad na sa kung saang dimensiyon at may kung anong nakabara sa aking lalamunan. My heart beated painfully for the first time, and I know that I should stop it.

All my life adoring BTS, I know to myself that I have always been fond of Jungkook since the very first start. It doesn't mean that I don't love the other six guys, though. It's just that, he was the first one to catch my attention, and all those years, he had been the apple of my eye. I can say he acquires a great portion in my heart, and seeing him attend to another girl affects me.

I do not have the right. Alright, I know that. I started out as a fan who loved them, him, so much. I remember the countless nights of crying every time I would see them in pain, especially him. I remember how I wished for the stars to let me hold him and hush him whenever he thinks he did not do his best when in fact, he showcased the most appealing performance.

I was in love with him... Not just affection, not just infatuation, but love. And that makes me scared...

I have never felt so scared before. In fact, I have accepted the fact that I may not have the chance to meet them and that they will marry off with someone someday, and that is not me. But being this close to him brought my hopes high. That maybe... Just maybe, there is a possibility.

"Are you okay?"

I went out of my thoughts when I heard the angelic voice of Jimin.

Matipid akong ngumiti sa kaniya, just enough to ease his curiosity and probably... worry.

"I am. I'm just thinking," I answered.

He nodded. "I hope you're not bothered by something. But if you are, I'm all ears."