Chapter Eighteen: Done...

Liam’s POV

I stood there and watched as Zayn tackled her into a hug. I stood there and watched as one by one the boys and Jules greeted her and told her how worried they were. None of them hugged me though. I didn’t blame them. They all hated me for how much of a dick I had been acting like, and it wasn’t like they could even huge me if they wanted to. Dani was glued to me like a bloody leech.

I thought about how much I wanted to be the one holding her and telling her that I cared about her. We had gotten so close in the woods today. Even with my attitude she still didn’t hate me. She still wanted to be my friend. She still wanted to just be there for me, and it felt great. I mean, I felt horrible for doing this to someone as good as her, but it was amazing to know that she was still willing to give me another chance, despite everything I had done to her.

Then I had gotten so close to kissing her. Once again I fell into her trap, and for once I didn’t care. I knew exactly what I was doing. I knew that Danielle was off looking for me and I knew that this wasn’t how my life wasn’t go, but I didn’t give a flying fuck. I wanted to kiss her, just to feel her soft lips on mine. I wanted to forget about Dani who has become more of a chore rather than a significant other. The lads hated her. Jules and Alex hated her. Hell I hated her most of the time, and yet, she was still the one I ‘loved’. Ha. Funny freaking story.

When Alex pulled away I saw the pain in her eyes. I knew I was playing with her emotions and I knew I was hurting her, but I couldn’t help it. I had to stay away from her but I wanted so desperately just to be near her. And those two sides of me keep clashing. She told me that she couldn’t do it because of Dani. It shocked me to be honest. It was obvious how much she disliked Danielle. I couldn’t believe she’d stop me on Dani’s account. At that moment I wanted so badly to run out of that park and find Dani, just telling her it was over so I could turn around and pick Alex up off her feet and just kiss her freely but we all know I couldn’t do that. Of course I couldn’t. Because we can’t have Liam Payne be happy even in the slightest right?

Watching Danielle accuse Alex of flirting with me was a bitter sweet sight. It’s sad to think that I actually liked the idea of Alex flirting with me, but it was bad watching how bitchy Dani got. The way she jumped down Alex’s throat just wasn’t right. And then Jules joined in. I had to admit, it was funny. Dani was getting what she most definitely deserved, but I couldn’t say that. No, I had to stick up for my girlfriend.

I was baffled when Dani slapped Alex. The whole fight just completely me threw me off balance. I wanted to Alex to kick her ass. But again, I couldn’t voice my opinion. I just stood off to the side, completely awe struck at what was happening in front of me.

God Liam why can’t you just make life easier for you and kick Danielle to the curb? Something rang in my head. I bit my lip, trying not to give into it.

No. I can’t. My life is set for me. Everyone that’s important wants me to stay with her. The fans, management, her herself, the media. I couldn’t end it. Who knows what that would be sacrificing? Remember Liam you have to run your life the way they want you to. It doesn’t matter what you want.

Most of the time, I really hated being famous. Especially right now.

I was snapped back into reality when an angry Danielle shouldered past me. I looked d saw Zayn helping Alex to her feet.

“Are you going to say anything Liam? Your girlfriend just assaulted Alex dammit.” Zayn snapped as he helped her to her feet. I stood there, probably looking like a deer in headlights as everyone just shot me angry looks. I sighed knowing exactly what I had to do and knowing that whatever trust or compassion I had just earned from Alex was now going down the drain with it.