Chapter Six: Getting Inside Your Head

Liam’s POV

I smiled to myself as I looked at Alex with the batman hat on. She looked cute in it. I couldn’t have not gotten it for her.

If Danielle finds out…

I shook my head lightly. It didn’t matter if Danielle found out. It wasn’t like I did anything wrong. I just helped her out by getting the hat she wanted for her.

But you know she won’t see it like that. She’ll make something out of it.

I inwardly groaned. I was having an argument… with myself… in my head. This was the reason I didn’t let myself interact with Alex. I’ve been talking to her for all of ten minutes and she’s already making me feel… strange. And now I’m having internal arguments.

You see? Danielle will make something out of it because even you’re making something out of it. You can’t do this. Danielle is your girlfriend.

I clenched my jaw. Why was I doing this to myself.

“We should probably go and find the others.” Alex spoke up from next to me. We had sat on a bench together outside of the store to wait for Jules and the others to come and find us. I had my hood up and my glasses on so I wouldn’t be noticed, and while it probably would have been safer for us just to stay here and wait, I could tell Alex was getting impatient and uncomfortable from the silence between us.

“Are you sure? Didn’t Jules say that we’d all meet up back here?” I asked, unsure. She shrugged and stood up.

“Yeah, but she’s taking too long.”

“Or you’re just being impatient.” I stated simply. She thought about it for a second but nodded quickly.

“Probably that, but either way, let’s go.”

“What even happened anyway?” I asked, standing.

“Niall and Louis got in trouble with security.” She rolled her eyes. I just shook my head.  What’d they do this time?

“What’d they do this time?” I spoke my thoughts. She just shrugged.

“Alex! Liam!” We heard someone call, stopping both of us from continuing our conversation. I tensed up. We can’t draw attention to ourselves?! Who just screamed our names?! I thought and saw Alex spin around quickly. I turned a little bit more slowly. Zayn and Harry were hurrying towards us. I saw a few people stare at them with confused an irritated looks. Then there was a scream.

“Oh my God are you Niall Horan?!” Confusion over took me. Niall wasn’t here…

“Shit…” Harry muttered. My eyes snapped in the direction he was looking. I saw Louis with his head down a few feet away, holding his hood over his face and Niall standing next to him and Jules exchanging a worried look with her.