Chapter Eleven: Nerf Wars and More Heartache... The Usual

Alex’s POV

Trying to explain today’s events to my parents was a pain. I had to do my best to make sure they in no way blamed the boys as it really wasn’t their fault.

“Don’t go looking for trouble.” My mother warned before disappearing out the door to leave once again. She had made plans to go out with her friends and my Step Dad was working a night shift so he wasn’t going to be back until late. I think that they were both just making excuses not to be stuck in the house with the guys and me.

“Did you hear that? Don’t go looking for trouble. So that means no more challenging guys to hit you.” Louis said while poking his finger in my face. I went to bite it and he pulled away, clutching it to his chest.

“Snappy.” He commented. I nodded and collapsed onto my couch. It was eight at night and I was really not looking forward to getting up for school tomorrow.

“Lou.” I whined.

“Yes love?” He asked, taking the seat next to me.

“Kidnap me. I don’t want to go to school tomorrow.” I turned to him, giving him a big puppy dog face. He just chuckled and wrapped me in a hug.

“I wish love, but we don’t want to get on your parents bad side so early on in our holiday. We’ll save that for the day before we leave.” He winked at me. I rolled my eyes.

“It’s just going to be worse tomorrow. I know it is. I can’t wait till I’m out of that hell hole, I’m telling you.” I sighed. But it was so far away. Still had a few more months left to go of my Junior year, then all of Senior year.

“You’ll make it Alex. Don’t worry.” He smiled at me and patted my leg reassuringly. I just sighed and nodded slowly. It grew quiet as I stared at the television. Niall had taken Jules home and Liam was going to take a shower last time I checked. Not that it mattered. Sure enough, he had been giving me the cold shoulder since lunch earlier. We were back to our “hate, hate” relationship. To be honest I had no idea where Harry and Zayn were at this point. I just hope it wasn’t anything too bad that they were up to.

“Hey Louis?” I asked slowly, noticing the eerie silence that had taken control over my house.

“Yeah?” He asked, not breaking his connection with the television.

“Do you have any idea where Haz and Zayn are?” I asked suspiciously. Louis turned to look at me a thoughtful expression on his face. Before he could answer, something hit me in the back of the head. It didn’t really hurt, just kind of took me off guard.

“Oww!” I called out and turned around. Well that answered my question. The two older boys stood in the entrance of the living room with Nerf guns aimed at Lou and I. The devious smiles on their faces said it all.

“Where on Earth did you get those from?” I asked, while picking up the dart that had just hit me.

“Oh come on Alex, it’s’ always fun to revisit the past.” I heard my brother’s voice as he came out from behind Harry and Zayn, holding his own gun. That made sense. They must have dug these guns out from the bottom of Cody’s closet. Cody and I used to have major Nerf wars when we were younger and he had a lot of them that he never got rid of. I actually forgot about all of the plastic guns that we used have so much fun with.

Until now at least.

I turned to Lou and he gave me a small smirk. Sure, why not?

“It’s on!” I yelled and grabbed Louis’s hand dragging him off the couch and past the three boys standing there armed with the fake weapons. They all started to shoot at us as we managed to push through, keeping our heads down and dart up the steps. I started to giggle like a moron as Lou and I ran down the hallway towards Cody’s room. I threw the door open and revealed their armory. Scattered throughout his room were old Nerf Guns, darts, and plastic mags.