Chapter Twelve: Bonding and... Jealousy?

Niall’s POV

“I need to get home.” Brianna sighed looking at her phone.

“One of the guys will drive you.” Jules made the decision being that Alex had disappeared fifteen minutes ago. I could tell Zayn was getting antsy because she had said she had to get something upstairs, but she still hadn’t returned. We were all pretty sure that there was something wrong with her. It was obvious that the way Liam had spoken to her in the car had gotten to her, even though she tried to hide it. I felt bad, but when any of us had tried to confront Liam about his attitude, he just ignored us and walked away. These two… they either secretly loved each other, or really couldn’t stand each other. I hadn’t figured out which one yet.

“Right Niall?” I heard Jules ask while giving me a small glare, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Wait, what?” I asked, missing what she had been talking about.

“You’ll drive Brianna home?” she said slowly, quirking an eye brow at me, as if challenging me to say no. I gave a small smirk.

“Of course… on one condition though.” I said and crossed my arms.

“What?” she asked looking confused.

“You’re coming with me.” I smiled smugly and grabbed her by the wrist, dragging her towards the front door with me to where Brianna was waiting for us.

“Okay then…” she muttered slowly. “We’ll be right back.” Jules said turning to face the other lads who were lounging around the living room.

“Bye.” They all called before returning they’re attention back to whatever they were doing previously.

The three of us made our why out to the boys’ van and slid inside. Brianna didn’t live far so we just made small talk until we arrived. Brianna thanked us before grabbing her things and stepping out. We made sure she got into the house before I turned around and started to drive away.

“I’m worried about Alex.” Jules spoke up.

“I know. I didn’t like the way he talked to her in the car today. She seemed pretty rattled by it.” I sighed.

“I know. I was going to kill him. He’s being such a dick! I mean he was so nice to her yesterday after the fight and then we went to go make something to eat and when they came in to eat he was back to being a dick. Are you sure your friend isn’t bipolar?” she asked giving me a curious look.

I chuckled. “Not that I know of.”

“I just wish he’d get over himself. Have you or the other guys tried to talk some sense into him?”

I nodded my head. “We’ve all tried at some point, Zayn being a bit more persistent being that he’s the closest to Alex, but Liam just ignores us or gets pissed off. Whatever is going on in that head of his, he’s keeping a pretty good guard around it.” I explained. She just looked at me, as if absorbing my words. I felt her gaze burning into the side of my face.

“Well there is something that goes on in Alex’s head when it comes to Liam too and I want to find out what it is.” She spoke confidently. I nodded at her persistency.

“I don’t doubt you will.” I told her with a smile. She smiled in return.

“I’m hungry.” She broke the momentary silence.

“I never thought I’d here you say that before I did.” I laughed at her.

“Well now you have to get me food because I always get it for you.” She said and stuck her tongue out at me.