job

*if you skipped the prologue, y/n is a POC, specifically Native American

*if you skipped the prologue, y/n is a POC, specifically Native American. pls don't comment on how her appearance doesn't match yours, i'm trying to represent as many races, nationalities, and ethnicities as i can! imagine her as something else if it bothers you!*

 pls don't comment on how her appearance doesn't match yours, i'm trying to represent as many races, nationalities, and ethnicities as i can! imagine her as something else if it bothers you!*

TAMAKI AND MIRIO stood on the sidewalk, staring at a coffee shop that sat on the other side of the street. The chilling winds froze their cheeks and noses, making Tamaki shiver even more than he already was.

Expresso Express. The coffee shop that the two adults were looking at. Nerves shot up and down Tamaki's spine. "...I can't do it-"

"Hold on a sec, Tamaki! You can't leave now, you already got all dressed up!" Mirio chuckled, holding Tamaki by the collar so he couldn't make a run for it. "Besides, you just turned 20, it's about time you got a job!"

Tamaki stared at his feet nervously. "...Why did I let you and Nejire talk me into this?"

It was mid-December, the trees already leafless and the citizens wearing their winter coats. Tamaki, along with his friends Nejire and Mirio, were currently in their fourth year of college.

Since they were about to graduate soon, Tamaki figured he should start to save money, so he could move out of Mirio's apartment...he wasn't actually planning on getting a job though, but...here we are.

"It's just an interview, anyway! You can do it!" Mirio pumped his fist in the air excitedly. Tamaki let out a long exhale, his breath turning to fog. "...Yeah, oka-"

"GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!!" Mirio pushed Tamaki off of the sidewalk and onto the street, him nearly tripping over his feet. "M-Mirio! You could've pushed me in front of a car!" Tamaki shuddered.

Mirio shrugged, giving a goofy smile and sticking out his tongue. Tamaki turned back to the coffee shop, the outside intimidating him. It was pleasing to look at, had a vintage look to it. There were fairy lights hanging around the window, along cute tables and chairs for outside dining.

He took in a deep breath as he crossed the street to the shop, hesitantly placing his trembling hand on the knob. Tamaki turned back to Mirio, who was cheering him on to walk inside.

Tamaki creaked back around, sucking in all his fears, and opened the door to the coffee shop.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee greeted his nose, and music played softly throughout the shop. The sound of workers saying orders and diners chatting with each other filled the room. There were decorative plants and paintings hung around the shop, chairs, tables, and couches scattered for seating.

Tamaki examined the shop a little longer, slightly impressed at how neat the place was. "Hi! Are you here for your interview!?"

Tamaki jumped at the loud voice, turning to a worker with bright ginger hair and green eyes. He was a little taller than Tamaki, and seemed very vibrant and outgoing, similar to Mirio.

"U-Uh, yes-"

"Awesome! You can go through that curtain and knock on our boss' office! She's waitin' on yah!" The worker pointed to Tamaki's right at a doorway with a black curtain hanging from the top. "...T-Thanks."

Tamaki walked through the curtain, a short brick hallway being revealed. There were only 4 rooms, two of them being bathrooms, and one of them being a break room.

The one at the very end of the hall was a black door, with a sign hanging on the knob labeled:

WARNING: BADDEST BITCH INSIDE

Tamaki furrowed his brows. That's an...interesting sign...

He took in a deep breath, picking up his feet and walking towards the door. ...Here it goes. He gave a light knock on the door, indicating he had arrived for his interview.

"Come in!!"

Tamaki creaked the door open, a small room with a single desk and a few chairs placed in the middle. More plants decorated the room, along with a single bookshelf and a table filled with candy and snacks.

At the desk was a young girl staring down at a magazine. She had long, black hair and tanned skin. Her features seemed familiar to Tamaki, like he had seen the woman before.

That's when it clicked to him, all his memories rushing back. "...Y-Y/n?"

The woman looked up at Tamaki, her face quickly lighting up. "So it's really the Tamaki Amajiki who wants to work at my shop!! It's been a while!!" She beamed.

Tamaki immediately slouched, his whole mood shifting. "...Yeah, sure has."

"