The Ghosts of what We could have been

Hermione was pacing up and down the bedroom holding in her hands 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard'. It was a quiet day so far and she didn't do much, except her usual reading while at the same time she tried to sing some lullabies but the sound of her own voice discouraged her so she decided to leave that to Ron when the time came. Instead, she considered it more appropriate to get herself a little bit more familiar with the children stories that wizards grow up with.  Her belly was big at this point, maybe a couple more weeks and her baby girl would be in her arms. 

The whole Weasley family was so excited! Molly had already made a baby Christmas jumper with the letter R on top of it since they had already decide to name the girl Rose. The Potters promised to teach her Quidditch from a really young age, George said that his gift would be a surprise which was a bit worrying however everyone kindly refused the baby dragon that Charlie promised to bring from Romania for the baby. Everything seemed to be going well for the Weasleys...

The fireplace was burning with orange, red and yellow flames that were dancing  dangerously, trying to heat up the room while they were giving a romantic and melancholic vibe to the atmosphere. 

'There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely winding road at twilight' Hermione read and chuckled 'midnight' she corrected herself since Ron's voice echoed in her head. He always said midnight...

The first time he corrected her they were at Xenophilius Lovegoods' house, chasing horcruxes with Harry and she was not too impressed for the correction since she was already a bit mad with Ronald from the previous events that had taken place. 

A cracking noise brought her back to reality and she moved closer to the window. 

'Merlin's Beard! What are you doing here?' she asked shocked at the sight of his blonde hair and green eyes.

Draco Malfoy was riding his broomstick right outside her window, listening to her, reading story after story, enjoying the sound of her voice as if they were back at Hogwarts, 15 years old, hiding from everyone, secretly seeing each other, loving each other. How was he able to give up on their love because of love? 

After the battle of Hogwarts he saw her one more time, when she announced to him that she moved on, she was engaged to Ronald Weasley, she chose a Weasley to avenge him he was sure!! What greater punishment for him to think that he lost her to the redhead Ronald Weasley. Ron couldn't compare to him, the Malfoys were better, richer, they meant something to the society... and still he would have given up all of these to be with Hermione now and forever. 

'I came to see you' he confessed.

Hermione looked at him in disbelief 'Came to see me!? And why is that?'

'I know you will give birth soon' he said and looked at her belly. Something inside him broke... This was not his child. 'Can I come in?'

'No!' Hermione snapped. 'You can't come in, and I honestly don't understand why you put the effort to come and see me...' silence followed her words. How could he explained that he never wanted to leave her, how do you put into words that you prefer to rip your heart out in order to protect it. Everything he did, he did it for her, to save her from his father, if only he was more brave.

'I care for you Hermione..' he confessed quietly.

'YOU CARE FOR ME?!' tears started run down her face while an unknown rage was making its appearance in her voice, her posture, her expression. 'DON'T YOU DARE SAY THIS TO ME! YOU LEFT, YOU GAVE UP ON US DRACO, AND YOU HAVE THE NERVES TO COME HERE AND OPEN OLD WOUNDS?' she screamed.

Malfoy didn't know what to reply he looked at her belly again and bit his lips. 'Go back to your wife Malfoy, I am sure that she needs you, your son needs you. I am perfectly fine with my life when you are not a part of it. Goodnight' Hermione said and shut her window. 

Malfoy swallowed his tears. He had no right to mess with Hermione's life anymore, she was right. He flew away from Weasley's house with a heavy heart, while at the same time Ronald appeared in the fireplace inside his house to find an upset wife with a face covered in tears.

Heyyy guys!!! 

Here is another part as promised.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Please vote if you like it and leave a comment telling me your opinion, Love you all xxx