1

Song of the Chapter:
Hollow Wood- Forget Me Forgetten

"Wake up for the love of God", Hannah could hear her mom Meredith screaming from the kitchen. She threw her covers over herself in attempt to escape reality, but failed as they were thrown off her within a matter of seconds. "You heard your mom", her dad Steven said while fixing his tie into place before leaving her room. "It's the first day of summer, give me a break", Hannah muttered to herself with a groan, lifelesly making her way to her bathroom. Closing the door behind her, she stripped down, getting into the shower. Even over the noise of her water running, Hannah heard her parents arguing.
"And you expect me to be okay with the fact that you didn't come home last night?", Meredith yelled at her husband. "I was at work!", Steven shouted back at her. "It's always work..", she started.
Letting the warm water fall over her body, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She clenched her teeth together as the water bittersweetly stinged the fresh cuts that filled her arms and thighs.

"Are you almost done in there?", Hannah heard her mom say, followed by a couple knocks at her door. She opened her eyes and shut the water off. "Yeah, I'll be out in a minute", she answered. Wrapping her hair in a towel, she opened the door to her distressed mom. "I told you to wake up how long ago? Whatever now, just put some clothes on, I need you to run errands for me today. ", Meredith said to her daughter in annoyance. She handed her a list of groceries needed, "also get the clothes from the cleaners on your way back", she added on her way out of Hannah's room. "Because this is exactly how I wanted to spend today", Hannah said sarcastically while pulling out a pair of jeans and one of her many long sleeved shirts.

"67.80 ma'am", the young chashier said. Hannah pulled a crumpled hundred dollar bill from her pocket and handed it to him. He held it up in the air, examining it for a moment before shoving it into the register. "32.02 is your change", he said back to her with a sly smile, handing her the money. Hannah slightly returned the smile, trying to grab all the bags so that she wouldn't need to make two trips to the car. "Just give me a second, I'll help you with those", he said while writing something on the back of her receipt. "Oh there's no need", Hannah said quickly, "really, I'm fine". He looked up at her, placing the lid back onto his sharpie, "don't be naive, you really think I'm gonna let your arms break off like that", he said with chuckle, noticing all the bags she had hanging from one arm. She fought back a smile but eventually let it show through.

"Thanks for helping me out", Hannah said to the boy while closing her trunk. "Yeah of course", he said to her sincerely. She pushed the cart back to its home, him trailing behind her. 'Was he just going to keep following me around?', she thought to herself before he handed her something. "Call me sometime, you seem new here", he shouted while walking backwards.

Heading towards the laundromat, Hannah found herself staring back and forth between the folded white peice of paper that sat in the cup holder of her car, and the road. The idea of a guy finding her interesting or attractive mind bobbled her, it wasn't something she was used to. 'He's making fun of you", she thought, pulling into the parking lot. 'It's probably a fake number', she talked herself into believing. She threw the small peice of paper on the floor as she slammed the car door behind her. Hannah pulled on the sleeves of her shirt, opening the door to the empty shop. "Hi I'm here for a pick up", she called out to the chair from behind the counter. It was turned away from her but she could tell there was someone was sitting on it for she could see the back of his head. "Excuse me?", Hannah said again. With no response, she rang the bell on the counter repetitively in attempt to get his attention.
The chair spun back abruptly, startling Hannah. With his beautiful complexion, green eyes, cheekbones and pouty lips, she was taken abback by his perfect appearance. She just stood there awkwardly, staring at him. "I'm sorry, I had ear phones in", he said to her while placing his iPod and earphones in front of her too see. "What can I help you with?", he then asked her. "Um pick up for Hastings", she managed to say. He typed something into the computer then got up while mummering, "one moment", before leaving.
"Okay, here we are", he said to her with a smile, flashing his pearly white teeth. Handing her a couple of her dads coats, she grabbed them in a hurry and dropped a twenty on the table before leaving, her anxiety taking over her senses.
She opened her car door and tossed the coats onto her passenger seat, putting the key into ingnition. She was about to back out of her parking spot when she heard a faint voice calling for her over the radio. Turning back to face the laundromat she saw him again, "Wait", he called out to her.
She rolled her window down in confusion, "You forgot your bag", He said to her with his hands over his head , probably trying to block the sun from his eyes. Sprinting towards her window, he handed her the bag, "by the way I'm Kalin", he said to her, flashing a winner smile once more.

A/N: So this is just my first chapter, it will get better more into it, I promise, it will. Just needed a start. Tell me what you guys think so far though, or better yet what you guys think will happen!!?
Love, your author