9

Autumn Leaves- Chris Brown

"It's fine Jake", Hannah repeatedly stated as he continued to apologize for the other night. "No it wasn't, I really messed up, and you're right I do have a girlfriend, and that was just-", he began, "I was just going through something and drank it off and somehow wounded up at your door", he finished saying before exhaling a deep breath. Hannah let him cool off before repeating her self one last time, "Its fine Jake, I understand", she said with a comforting smile as she wrapped her arms around him. Accepting her hug, it was official, the two were friends again.

"So are you busy today?", he asked after they moved from the steps of her porch to the set of rocking chairs that sat near her front door. "Umm", Hannah began to say hesitantly. Jake gave her a disapproving look, "Hannah you've been cooped up at home for a month and a half", he exclaimed. Without a response he went on, "Come on, we'll have fun, everyones going bowling, how can you go wrong with bowling?", he tried persuading. Almost about to give in, she stopped herself, "Look Jake", she answered honestly, "I love hanging out with you, you're probably my only friend in this whole entire town, but I just don't fit in with your group of friends", 'and oh yeah i can't see Kalin, the guy i've been avoiding for almost a month', she thought. Giving her yet another look of disapproval, as if he could read her thoughts, Hannah felt this conversation was not going to end in her favor. "What do you mean Han? None of us are the same, we all just kind of click, and you would too if you just gave it a chance!", he said with enthusiasm. "No thank you, i'm so weird you just can't see it", she replied before getting up from her chair. Not allowing him to plead any longer she continued, "However, I do have to go down to the grocery store, want to come with?", she suggested. Jake shrugged, then nodded, "Your idea of a compromise sucks", he added as Hannah laughed while they made their way to the car propped up on the side of her curb.

"Okay, next thing on the list is tomatoes!", Hannah announced. "Faster", Jake shouted as she struggled to steer with the 162 pounds that sat himself in middle of the shopping cart. "Jake get out you're so fat", she demanded with laughter. "Come on!!!", he whined as he moved forward and backward in a horrible attempt to get the cart to move faster. Using every bit of strength she had into pushing the cart forward, she surprised herself as they sped through the some-what small store. "Wheee", she heard Jake scream childishly before the cart came to a violent stop, crashing into something with a loud clash.

"Jake? Hannah?", Hannah could hear the one voice she'd been trying so hard to stay away from, question. "Oh hey k", Jake confirmed. Hannah looked up from the ground and allowed her eyes to meet his. His warm, sexy smile, followed by creased eyebrows formed up on his face as he asked, "What are you two doing here... together?". "Oh she's bailing on bowling tonight so I decided to accompany her to the store just to hang out", he answered before realizing neither Kalin or Hannah actually cared. "I haven't seen you around?", He curiously stated while pushing his cart to the other side of the aisle so that shoppers could past through. "uh yeah..", She began nervously, "I've been busy", she finished as she too pushed her cart to his side, realizing they were causing a bit of traffic. It was getting kind of awkward with the tense energy that filled the air and Jakes weird stare that went back and forth between both Kalin and Hannah. "Ok well it was nice catching up but we've got to go", Hannah said unwillingly as she reached for her cart. Just as she was about the walk away from him in the opposite direction, she could feel his hot breath close to her ear. "Look I know you don't want to go bowling, but could you please try and make it", he said from behind her. Under pressure, Hannah said the first thing that came to mind, in attempt to get him to move away before she exploded, "I'll think about it". "Hey you're so mean", she could hear Jake faintly say, although he was only less than a foot away from her. "Please?", he whispered seductively once more, sending chills and butterflies all through her body. "i'll be there", she blurted as she quickly moved away from him, so that she could finally breathe. "Pick you up at 6", he shouted as she steered her cart towards the produce section, wondering what the hell she had just gotten herself into.

After a few moments of silence, Jake finally spoke up with a goofy grin spread across his face, "Oh you're whipped", he announced with a chuckle.

A/N: Enjoy the chapter, I really hope you guys like it! Remember to always vote/comment telling me what you guys think... it lets me know you guys actually like the book and that i should continue to update it! With all that said, see you guys in the next chapter

Love, your author