Chapter 3

Arriving at Jordan's house after leaving school and heading back to her own home for clothes and other necessities, Jenny knocked on the mahogany door. A woman around her mid 40s, Jordan's mom, opened it up and allowed her to walk inside.

As she walked through the foyer and into the living room, Jenny saw the back of a blonde head with an arm on the back of the couch, behind her best friend. She searched through her memories of previous conversations with Jordan to see if she missed any details to give her any clues to what was going on. It's possible she didn't notice if something was said, she has been kind of wrapped up in this note thing. However, her best friend hadn't been discussing much about herself this week either.

"Uh, Jordan?" That was enough to make the two on the couch turn their heads to face Jenny.

"Jenn... my mom didn't tell me you were here," Jordan replied with a small amount of shock. Her eyes darted over to the blonde sitting next to her for a second before returning her eyes to Jenny. A slight blush appeared on her cheeks. "Jenny, this is Riker. He lives next door and now he's my boyfriend." Jenny's eyes widened just a little from shock as the boy gave a small smile and wave.

"I'll leave you two to your girl's night. Bye Jor," he said after standing up and kissing his girlfriend's cheek. "Nice to meet you Jenny." Waving, he closed the door then walked back over to his house.

There was a pause between the two girls before Jenny spoke up with a wide grin on her face. "When did this happen?"

"Oh... yesterday. He took me on a date and asked me to be his girlfriend," Jordan explained, the blush reappearing on her face as they both walked up the stairs and down the hallway to her bedroom.

"Aww," Jenny fawned.

When they entered the room, Jenny dropped her bag next to one of the lime green bean bags on the floor. She then proceeded to sit in one of the two bean-filled chairs located in front of a window. Jordan sat down in the other one, laptop sitting on her lap.

"Did you bring the notes?" Jenny nodded then pulled them from her bag as Jordan pulled up a Microsoft Excel table filled with the names of boys in their school. "I've already taken the liberty of alphabetizing them all. Plus, I already put an 'X' by the guys that weren't here all week." The last statement received a look of shock and surprise. "What? I have my sources. Anyway, that's left us still with about 550 guys left, give or take a few. Now we can rule out any that don't match the handwriting."

While the girls started placing some 'X's by more names, a certain pair of siblings were chatting about the same topic.

-

It's a tad bit shorter than I wanted it to be, but this is the perfect place to break between chapters. And Jenny... enjoy that picture of Ross. ;)