Chapter 5

"Ross!" Riker yelled for his brother as he made his way downstairs. When he got to the bottom of the steps, Ross was already there. "Bro, Jordan's coming over to watch us rehearse and she's bringing Jenny." The look on Ross' face was one of urgency and panic.

"We cannot play Fallin' for You, Smile, Forget About You, Can't Get Enough of You, or Pass Me By," Ross listed with wide eyes.

While responding to him, Riker nodded. "Alright, you go tell the others and I'll wait for the girls." They split up, Ross heading for the garage and Riker waiting outside the front door.

-

Just as Jenny walked back into Jordan's room, she was made aware of their plans for the day. Both girls got ready in about twenty minutes, deciding to eat later. They put their shoes on then walked out of Jordan's house and across the yard. Riker could be seen standing near the front door of his house as the girls got closer.

"Hey!" Jordan hugged and kissed him on the cheek. He wrapped his left arm around her waist before kissing the top of her head.

"C'mon. The rest of the band is in the garage." Riker lead the way, walking through the house and into the garage where some different guitars, a drum set, keyboard, and some microphones were set up. He took his arm from around Jordan's waist to grab his bass guitar.

Next to walk into the garage was a blonde headed girl. She set her eyes upon the two girls and opened her mouth to speak, but was beat to it. "Rydel, this is Jordan and her best friend, Jenny," Riker pointed at each of the two girls as he said their names.

"So you're the girl my brother can't stop talking about!" When Rydel said that, Ross sent a worried glance at Riker, thinking that she might've overheard something. "It's nice to finally meet you! And you too, Jenny!" Ross quietly let out a relieved sigh as Rydel hugged the two girls.

After introductions were said to everyone else – Rocky, Ross, Ryland, and Ratliff – the band started practicing. Jordan and Jenny were both enjoying the songs they played, especially Love Me Like That since it was considered Rydel's song. She was the only girl in the group, so the girls loved that she had her own song.

Once their practice finished a little over two hours later, Stormie – Riker, Rydel, Rocky, Ross, and Ryland's mom – announced that she made lunch for everyone. Everyone made their way into the kitchen, grabbed a plate, and then started to fill it with hot dogs and chips before going into the living room to claim a seat.

When everyone had finished off their food, Rocky suggested that they all go swimming in the pool. Everyone agreed and went to put their swimsuits on with Jenny and Jordan going next door to get their own swimsuits. Jenny had always left an extra one at Jordan's just in case something like this happened on a whim.

A little more than five minutes later, the two entered the gate of the Lynch's backyard to see the guys taking turns jumping into the pool off of the diving board. Ross was flailing his arms and made a crazy face as he fell into the water. Seeing him do this, Jenny let out a small laugh and continued to walk over to the chairs where Rydel was sitting.

Rydel smiled as she looked over at Jenny and Jordan when they joined her. "So, I know you're dating my brother, Jordan, but what about you Jenny? Are you dating anyone?"

"No, I'm not." Jenny paused for a moment, deciding whether or not to tell her about the notes. She ended up going with it. "Actually, I have been getting these notes in my locker at school at the end of every day."

"Huh, that's interesting. Do you mind if I take a look at them sometime?" Ross just barely caught onto what Rydel said and worry filled the pit of his stomach.

"Yeah. I have them over at Jordan's if you wanna look at them later."

Some of the color drained from Ross' face. 'Great. Looks like I need to talk to Rydel. Just peachy.'

-

Hope you enjoyed this new chapter Jenn! Love ya!