Chapter 22

☆Blaze☽

Chapter 22:

"Elliot." I felt his hand travel through my hair as he said my name softly. I made an incoherent noise and turned over to shove my face in the pillow.

"Elliot," he repeated, louder this time as he shook my arm. I slapped at his hand, missing a few times as I still refused to open my eyes and accept the fact that I probably had to go home since this marked the end of winter vacation and I wouldn't be able to practically live in his bedroom anymore.

"ELLIOT!" I tried to grab the headboard as soon as I felt his powerful grip on the comforter, but I was too slow. In one swift motion he pulled the comforter from around me, which consequently sent me tumbling over the edge of the bed and onto the floor.

I landed with a resounding thud! on the carpeted floor and glared up at him. He was smirking, the stupid ass.

"What the hell was that for?"

"I was trying to wake you up because your mom called, again."

"Did you answer?" He shot me a look that said 'are you crazy?' and held my glasses in front of my face. I didn't remember taking them off before falling asleep; in fact I barely remembered anything before falling asleep. We were probably watching another one of those apocalyptic movies.

"What time is it?" I asked, glancing around to notice the room was in complete darkness, this was starting to happen way too often for my liking, or rather my mother's.

"Almost 9. You should have been home an hour ago..."

"What? Why the hell didn't you wake me up?!" He shrugged and offered a hand to help me off the floor. I ignored it and pushed myself up, glancing around in the darkness for my shoes. I grabbed one from under the bed.

"I'll drive you."

"Nah, it's cool. I was going to walk through the snow in one Converse," I muttered sarcastically, and Beatle rolled his eyes in response before leaning down to pick up the shoe I had been looking for and chucking it at me. The black shoe hit me in the arm and fell to the floor as I glared at him.

"Careful, that shoe is my baby!"

"So, what am I, the side hoe?"

"Basically." Beatle laughed, shaking his head while I smiled. I slid the worn shoe on and he moved to the hall, leaving me in the darkness of his room for about 5 seconds before I hurried after him. I'm definitely not afraid of the dark.

When we had slid down the stairs we could see the colourful lights flickering from the family room; Jill and Christie were cuddled up on the sofa. Beatle pulled our jackets off the end of the banister and passed mine to me, barely touching the door knob when Jillian's voice sounded through the foyer.

"Where are you going?" She called out, but remained on the sofa. I didn't blame her, I would do the same.

"Just going to take Elliot home." He turned the knob and yanked open the wooden door, waiting a moment for Jill's reply but finally leaving when he realized there was none.

Snow was flying around violently outside, but it wasn't that cold. Five centimeters had already accumulated on the lawn, making my toes curl inside my sneakers with every step I took against the cold, wet powder.

Beatle turned the key in the ignition and gestured for me to get in while he brushed the snow off the car. I carefully opened the door, trying not to let any snow fall inside the car as I sunk into the leather seats.

I wish I could say that I was mature enough not to laugh when Beatle used his finger to trace out the giant pattern of a dick in the snow that covered the windshield, but I couldn't help but chuckle to myself as I placed a hand over my cold nose. Soon his drawing was erased by the swipe of the brush, clearing my field of view to see his smiling figure sweeping snow off the hood.