Chapter 2

☆Blaze☽

Chapter 2:

"You can't drive, you're high!" I yelled as he shoved me into the passenger's seat and slammed the door, walking around to the other side. He yanked the door open and sat in the leather seat. When Beatle went to put the keys in the ignition I tried to take them from him, but his reflexes were faster than I expected.

"I drive high all the time, it's no big deal." I shook my head rapidly, my hair falling into my eyes. He looked at me with a bored expression and proceeded to start the car anyways.

"I'm going to die." I propped my elbow up near the window and let my head rest on my hand. There was nothing to see out of the window; it was pitch black outside. Not even the streetlights were on, and this idiot was going to drive high.

"No you're not. We are just going for pizza."

"At two in the morning?"

"I know a place."

I searched desperately for an excuse that would get him to stop the car and turn around. I glanced down to the floor and realized my shoe was still stuck back at the school between the two bunkers. "Well, I can't go anywhere with one shoe."

Beatle huffed in annoyance as he continued to drive. "I will get you another shoe."

I had to admit though, that he was probably a better driver high than I was sober.

We didn't exchanged words; I just looked out the window in complete annoyance while he continued to drive mostly straight down the road. Luckily, there were no other cars in sight. He tapped his hands on the wheel and hummed for a little while before he sighed deeply and turned towards me. I could still see his green eyes shining through the darkness. Then I noticed he didn't even have his seatbelt on. I went to yell at him but he cut me off.

"God, I hate silence. Can you grab a disk?" His voice was so smooth as he gestured his hand to the small compartment that I completely forgot why I wanted to tell him off in the first place. I opened up the glove box and CD's literally fell out onto my lap. They were all classic rock. The Who, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Eagles, Pink Floyd. I was almost positive I spotted a Carly Rae Jepsen album shoved in the back, but I chose not to bring that up.

"Which one?" He bit his lip, and I wished he didn't. He just looked so good and-

Damn it, Elliot. Stop that.

"Magical Mystery Tour, track 6." I popped it into the player and fooled around with the buttons until I heard the music. It was "I am the Walrus".

"Lake, this is so trippy!" I rolled my eyes as he tapped on the steering wheel, making up his own beat completely.

"I am the eggplant! Woo! They are the eggplants! Woo! I am the pot roast! Coo coo cachoo!" A look of realization passed over his face as he sang the completely wrong words. "I finally understand!" I snorted and his eyes remained wide. You probably did have to be high to understand it though. The Beatles were high when they wrote most of their songs, but that's why they were so amazing. I seriously don't understand how Beatle got pot roast out of walrus though; it was the name of the song. And everyone knew the walrus was Paul.

I put up with his horrible singing while I had my eyes glued to the road to make sure he didn't mow down any pedestrians. He was getting closer to midtown but we still hadn't seen any signs of other life. Every odd street lamp was on now. Our small town was crazy about things like water and energy conservation; you were only allowed to water your grass on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which became a huge problem when we had heat waves. And putting recycling in the garbage was practically a mortal sin.