Chapter 4

☆Blaze☽

Chapter 4:

"Elliot, get up!" I groaned as my mother's heels clicked loudly across the hardwood floor of my bedroom and light suddenly poured in. My hands flung to pull the covers over my head and shield my eyes from the morning's glow.

"Why? It's Saturday!" I felt her hand grab the duvet and pull against my grip on it. She gave it one hard yank and I was laying there in the cold with only my pajama pants on. Her gaze drifted over me and she shot a hand to her mouth.

"Oh my goodness! Elliot, what happen? Who did this to you?" I glanced down and looked over the scrapes and bruises that decorated my body from my eventful night. There was even a mark on my arm from where Beatle's hand was, though I didn't remember it hurting at the time. You could see the purple outline of all his fingers. I ran my fingers over it as my mother continued to ramble.

"It's my fault. I haven't been paying enough attention to you. You never complain about anything, I just figured you were fine." She was talking more to herself than me, running her fingers through her frizzy, big hair. I bit my lip to try and keep from laughing at her.

"Is it because you're gay?" Her blue eyes met my own, and I furrowed my eyes brows in confusion.

"I'm fine, M-" I started to sit up as she began to walk towards me, her arms outstretched. Her eyes had a sad gleam, and I kind of wanted to tell her the truth. But then I would be grounded until I turned thirty. I grabbed my glasses off the nightstand just as she wrapped her skinny arms around my shoulders, letting her head fall on top of mine.

"Oh, my poor baby."

"Mom!" I pushed her arms away and she backed up a few feet, looking at me with that overbearing parental expression.

"What can I do? Who should I call?" I rolled my eyes as she continued to worry over my few cuts and scrapes. I chucked a pillow across the room in anger and fell back onto my bed.

"Jesus Christ, get out of my room!" I momentary look of hurt passed over her face before it became hard and she strode out of my room and down the hall, her shoes clacking loudly.

I had just closed my eyes in an attempt to fall back to sleep when my door was pushed open, revealing Hayden in his soccer uniform, sporting the number four.

"Mom says you have to drive me to soccer practice." I huffed in annoyance and pulled myself from my bed. Hayden stood unmoving in the doorframe, the red of his uniform so bright it hurt my eyes. I began to search through my drawers, pulling out a t-shirt and jeans. I shrugged the white v-neck top over my head and put my arms into the holes. I hooked my thumbs into my pajama bottoms and turned to see Hayden awkwardly looking away.

"Do you mind?" I closed the door in his face before pulling off my pajamas and tugging on the jeans. I was about to leave the room when I spared a look in the mirror, my face curling in dismay. My blonde hair was stuck all over my head at weird angles, like someone had cut it off and glued it back on at random- a cutting and pasting job done by a preschooler.

The top drawer on the right held my black beanie in it, which I swore I would never wear, despite how much I loved it. That was something better left to Tumblr boys, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I grasped it and pulled it onto my head, hiding as much hair as possible. A few loose blonde curls slipped out from underneath, and no matter how many times I tried to get them to stay, they popped back out again. I abandoned my sad attempt at looking human and exited my room.

Hayden was admiring himself in the mirror, like the asshat he is.

"Are you coming, or not?" His eyes shot up in annoyance and he grabbed his duffle bag full of equipment, following me down the stairs.