Chapter 9

☆Blaze☽

Chapter 9:

I decided after lunch that I wasn't going home right after school, so I didn't.

I knew what would happen, Mom would get the call that I missed first and second period and then to top it all off Hayden would tell on me.

I was just avoiding the inevitable, which would consequently result in me getting in more trouble than I was already.

Even as a child, I never had a strong sense of home and family. I loved my parents and Hayden, but Dad was never home, Mom was slightly overbearing, and Hayden was, well, Hayden. I was always the kid that could go to camp for weeks on end and never feel homesick, I was always able to adapt.

But now, it was more than just that. I didn't want to go home, because in some twisted way I felt that Beatle, Whiskey, Trick, and even Mi, were like a family.

"Are you guys doing anything tonight?" I tried to hide my awkwardness, shoving my hands into the pockets of my dress pants. I glanced to the ground, cursing myself out in my head for being so shy, then looking back up to see Beatle laughing.

"When are we not?"

He pushed me towards the passenger's side of his car with a grin. I spared my car a look in the parking lot, deciding I would come back and get it later.

I sat into the leather seat and it squeaked underneath me. I shifted a few times until Beatle sent me an annoyed side-glance. “What are you, five?”

“Four and half, thank you very much.”

 ☆☽

"But, here is the real question: truth or dare?" Whiskey laughed, swirling the clear liquid in his shot glass and then downing it without a chase.

We were sitting around a makeshift fire in the park behind the public pool. The sun had set over an hour ago, and they had been drinking for at least two.

"You can't be serious!" Mi exclaimed as he knocked his shoulder into Whiskey lightly. Whiskey blushed. I rubbed my eyes, but that only made me more certain of what I was seeing. Whiskey was blushing as Mi continued to drink unknowingly. Looking around, I seemed to be the only one that noticed.

"It will be fun, like old times!"

"You mean before we were a ruggedly handsome pack of drug dealing bad asses?" Trick joked, making a motion like he was flicking his hair.

Mi narrowed his eyes at Trick, rolling them after a minute. " I don't know what all the girls see in you." He sighed.

"A good time, man."

"Best one minute of their lives." Beatles snorted, causing the rest of us to laugh- even Trick.

"An hour and one minute. It was daylight savings time." He winked at all of us suggestively, even wiggling his eyebrows for effect.

"I was serious about truth or dare though. Lake's never played it with us!"

"Oddly enough, I think I can live with that." I replied, pretending to think about it. If there was a list of things I wanted to do right now, playing truth or dare would be right after hauling Beatle off my roof again and right above setting myself on fire.

"Ugh, we used to play that all the time." Trick groaned, sipping at his beer. I still hadn't touched mine; it just sat next to me, full.

"We're not playing it again." Mi snapped suddenly, causing everyone to laugh except me. I just stared confused at the rest of them, but Mi seemed angry