18

Cade's POV
----------------
5am, Time to get to Sacramento. I look down at Anna sleeping on my chest. I slide her off me and onto my pillow. I felt bad for leaving her after the shit I pulled last night, but this was an extremely important meeting.

I got ready and left for the airport. The flight would only be 30 minutes but I didn't have time to drive up there.

Shit, this hangover is going to kill me. Anna probably hates me now too, I was going to ask her to marry me and instead I fucked it over by getting drunk.

Today was going to be a very long day. I walked to the jet waiting for me, and my phone started buzzing.

From Anna: Hey when you get home we need to talk

What did I say last night to her? I was a truthful drunk, whatever was on my mind I said it and I normally forgot unless I was reminded.

To Anna: Ok, I'm boarding the jet now. See you soon my love

God I'm an idiot. I can't just let myself have a good thing.

The day dragged out as I was in and out of meetings. My in house guards kept me updated on Anna, turns out she spent the whole day annoying them, which I can't say I'm surprised about. Elliot seemed pretty horrified by her vigilance to get Brandon to talk, Brandon is one of my most lethal guards but he never talks.

I walk but into the conference room and continued the meeting.

After another 4 hours of talking, all deals and contracts had been renewed. We all went out for a drink, but I stuck to water knowing how pissed Anna would be if I came with an even faint smell of alcohol on my breath. After 2 hours of talking we all went our separate ways.

Another 1 hour of traveling I pulled in front of the house. I walked into finding Anna still trying to get Brandon to talk and Elliot trying to hold back a laugh on the couch.

"Come on my love I think the man has had enough torture for one day" I say shrugging my jacket off. She turns to me with a huge smile and jumps into my arms.

Ok good, she doesn't seemed to be pissed at me. "I need a shower" I say pulling her off me. "Ok but I'm coming" She says while starting to run up the stairs.

"Did you give her coffee or something Elliot?"

"No she came downstairs like that, it was scary. Don't ever leave me or any of us alone with her." I hear Elliot yell I as I follow Anna the bedroom.

"What has you in such a good mood?" I pulled her towards me, "Oh just karma happened to a certain ex last night" she said putting her arms around my neck. "And what exactly happened to said ex?" "Oh you know got caught hooking up with a professor and got kicked out of Stanford" she told me with a smile. "Ah in true asshole style, ok now shower time" I threw her over my shoulder and ran to the bathroom.

I set her small framer back down and we started to kiss, "Wait wait wait, I'm supposed to be mad at you!" she steps back and crosses her arms over her chest. "And why is that" I said copying her position. "You got drunk last night and said some pretty interesting things" "I know my love I fucked up, listen I was nervous about asking you something an-" I started, "You told me you were going to propose Cade. But instead you got drunk, what if someone came after us while we were out?" she had tears in her eyes. I hated seeing her this upset, and it was because I thought drinking would help me calm down for when I asked. "I'm so sorry, I know I hurt you last night. Please let me make it up to you" I went to grab her hand but she pulled away from me. "I know you're sorry, I just need some time to think this all through" "We aren't breaking up right?" I grabbed her arm to keep her from leaving. "No, but last night was just a lot" she pulled her arm out of my grip and walked out of our room.