28

Gina's POV

Everything seems like a dream. But I can see the whole scene out before me. I see Josh crying in a corner. I see Cody throw Nick's gun out the window and break his jaw. I watch as Cori awkwardly stands by. I see myself most of all. I feel my own heartbeat slow down. I see my bloodied chest rise and fall slower.

I feel the things that keep me grounded to the Earth slipping away. Let go, a voice whispers. Not happening, I reply, hoping to shut it up. It persists, never stopping. A part of my mind wants me to believe it. The rational part of my brain, miraculously still functioning, fights tooth and nail to stay alive. You're going to die, the voice tells me.

No I'm not! I say defiantly. I think of everything I would leave behind. My best friend, my other friends, and most importantly, my babies. They need me. I'm not leaving them behind. I'm not. You will. I'm really getting sick of that voice. I observe the scene below. It has changed. Cody is trying to stop the blood from escaping my body and Cori is frozen, her mouth wide open.

"Call a doctor!" I yell. Nobody can hear me. Why won't this end? Fortunately, Cody shouts and she seems to regain motion. She hopefully calls the pack doctor. The next few minutes are a rush. I see countless bandages and a scapel. I can't bear to see them take the bullet out of my body. I feel a bit stronger and it seems like everything will return back to my normal point of view.