24

(Time skip: 4 years later...)

Gina's POV

CRASH! I hear the sound of a vase hitting the floor. I jump up from my chair and rush to do damage control. I see my new vase in a pile of smashed porcelain on the floor. The triplets are nowhere to be seen. They can clear off pretty fast when something goes wrong.

I clean up the mess and stand in the living room. "Klara, Nathan, and Joshua Kirke, get in here right now!" I call throughout the apartment. They come scrambling from their rooms, each child carrying two dollars. "We're sorry we broke the vase, Mama," Nate says. The other two mimic him and hold out the money for me to take.

"Thank you for apologizing. And thank you for helping to replace it," I say to each as I take the money. That was a rule. If they broke something they had to help a bit with replacing it. I literally blink once and they are gone. They're Olympic athletes, I swear, Jenna mutters. I agree. I hear a knock on the door.

I hesitate briefly. Opening the door never leads to something good. I sigh and do it anyways. A man is standing just outside. I've seen him somewhere before... "Hello. Is this the residence of Miss Gina Kirke?" He asks. I peek around quickly. All good. "Yes, it is. I'm her," I reply cautiously. There is a certain professional look to this man.

"I'm Doctor Osborne. I was present at the court that day," oh. That makes sense. "And I have news about Nicholas Caine." Of course. I hardly get good news about him. "Come in, please," I say. I hold the door open farther and he politely steps in. He takes a seat in a chair in the living room.

Thankfully, I had just set out some tea a few minutes ago, and I reheated two mugs. I bring them into the living room, hand one to Dr. Osborne, and take a seat myself. "So? The news?" I ask. Dr. Osborne starts to look a bit nervous. This really can't be good. "As you know, Nicholas Caine was sent to Rivergreen mental health facility four years ago," yes. I remember.

"He has since then been diagnosed with Antisocial personality disorder and Dissociative identity personality disorder." That actually explains a lot. About how he did a complete 180 from the man I met to the man he is today. "And Cordelia Caine was also diagnosed with Antisocial personality disorder." Why did my now enemies have personality disorders? How were they not caugt until four years ago?

"To put it short, Nicholas Caine has since escaped from confinement at the facility. Cordelia Caine was released earlier this year. And a letter was found in Nicholas's cot. It was addressed to you. Here." He pulls a letter out of his pocket. My name is on the back in block letters. I take it and tear it open.

Dear, Dear, Gina,

I have forgotten about you. It was you who put me in here. Too bad even they can't stop me from leaving. It was easier than I expected, which was a victory. Anyways, I'm coming back for my children. My pack needs to know their future Alpha. See you soon.

-Nick

I feel rage building up deep inside my body. There is no way I'm letting him near my children. Never again. Not now and certainly not in the future. Over my dead body, I think to myself. There is no way I'm allowing him to get near my children willingly. Prepare for battle, Nicholas Caine.

___________________________________________________________________________

Hello and Happy #HumpDay!

Crazy new developments, huh? And yes, the personality disorders mentioned above are real. Go to www.pyschcentral.com/disorders to check them out for yourselves, if you don't believe me.

If you read the Antisocial one and are astonished, think of a better word to describe the quiet kid in the back of your class. I bet you will be surprised with the actual definition!

What will happen next? Throw your prediction out there in the comments!

Vote! Follow! Comment!

W.L.W