•10•

I was currently by myself in my room thinking. Today is my 17th birthday, but the same day caleb passed. After his passing I've always hated my birthday. Even before his passing, to think my mom died on my birthday. Nothing goes right on my birthday. Ever. Then kenzie had walked into my room as I was on my bed looking at my ceiling.
"Are you okay jules?"
"Yea, I'm fine" I said as I put on a fake smile.
"I know today's a rough day, you don't gotta be brave for me"
I then looked at her and then at my ceiling again.
"Like I said I'm fine"
Kenzie sighed,
"Happy birthday jules" she said right before leaving my room.
I was continuing to look at my ceiling when my phone went off. I picked it up and saw a text from john saying 'I'm taking you somewhere today, no getting out of it. I'll pick you up soon, so be ready birthday girl' I quietly groaned at his comment. I soon later got up and put a black and blue zip up sweater on with some black leggings. Then I had grabbed my phone and walked downstairs, then putting on some black doc Martin's and My hair was also in braids. Then I saw Johnny's car pull up and got out and went into his car.
"What's up" I asked as I put my seatbelt on.
"Happy birthday ann's" he said as he handed me a gift bag.
I smiled at him in response.
"Oh and don't worry I'm not throwing you a party, like you requested, Now open it" he added.
I then opened the gift and pulled out a necklace that had a fingerprint on it
and also said 'julianna', I then looked at him confused.
"I remember you telling me that you lost a necklace with his fingerprint on it, so I got you a new one with your name on it"
I then smiled at him even more.
"Thank you so much john" I said before giving him a hug and pulling away.
I then put the necklace on and then he started driving off.
"So where are we going" I asked.
"We are goingw to a roller skating place with an outside diner thing" he said while keeping his eyes on the road.
Once we'd arrived at the place we went inside and got skates, then started skating and we were both decent. We just skated for a while until we got hungry and then went to the outdoor diner thing. We sat at a table and once again looked at menu's.
"So what do you normally do on your birthday?" John asked.
"Well I usually just stay at home and eat my cake" I said shrugging slightly.
"Seriously? What about kenzie?"
"She's always busy on my birthday and my dad is well I'll say busy"
"Hey I'm not busy" he said with a tiny smirk.
"Shut up!" I said right before punching him.
"Hey! I was being sweet"
"Whatever" I said before rolling my eyes.
He then slightly laughed at me and pulled out his phone.
"Smile" he said.
"John no!"
"Just one"
I sighed and then put my hands on my cheeks and slightly smiled. He then smiled as he took the picture.
"Happy?" I asked kinda annoyed.
"Very" he said back with a sweet smile and added "should we get a cake?"
"Yes!" I said excitingly, like the more cake the better.
Johnny slightly laughed at me, we then ordered a red velvet cake and a chocolate milkshake and lemonade. They soon arrived.
"So your favorite cake is red velvet" John asked as he took a bit out of the cake with his fork.
"One of my favorites"
He playfully rolled his eyes at my answer, later we had gone off to his house and were in his room.
"So I didn't really plan anything for your birthday, so what do you want to do" john asked as we were laying on his bed.
"How about we just watch 'poltergeist'." I suggested hesitantly.
"But isn't that scary?"
"Well that was Caleb's favorite movie-"
"We can watch it, but you can stop at any moment if you want to"
I just nodded in response to him and he had put the movie on his laptop as we sat on his bed and had blankets ontop of us with some popcorn. He had the laptop on his lap and I had my head against his arm so that I could see the screen. We started the movie and throughout most of it I was eating popcorn or hiding behind Johnny at a scary part. Some parts Johnny did cover my eyes though, cause there were some inappropriate parts, but I already know that guys have- then Johnny's phone went off and he checked it as I paused the movie. Then his eyes had filled with pain and he started to tear up. "Hey, what's wrong" I asked as a tear went down his cheek with more to follow.
He looked at me and just hugged me, he started crying on my shoulder as I was now sitting on his lap. I had ran my fingers through his hair for comfort as I was hugging him back.
"John what happened"
He pulled away and got up laying his head against the wall.
"Just read the message" john said after calming down a bit.
I grabbed his phone and saw his newest message from his dad, 'maddie and Lauren got into a car accident, maddie didn't make it' I read and automatically felt bad. I went over to him and pulled him into another hug, he hugged back while fighting his tears.
"John, you should call your dad"
Johnny pulled away and slightly nodded. He sat back down on the bed and grabbed his phone. His hands started to shake a little bit, so I put my hand on his shoulder. He looked over at me.
"It's going to be okay, okay?"
He nodded in response.
He dialed his dad's number and then put it on speaker as he put his hand over his mouth to stop his tears.
"Son finally, I was waiting for you to call. You need to get down to the hospital. Please" dale said through the phone.
"I-i" john started to say before bursting into tears again.
"Yes dale we'll be there" I said for John.
"Oh annie, can I talk to you. Privately"
"Sure"
I picked up the phone, quickly gave john a hug and went into the hallway.
"Is johnny okay?" Dale asked.
"Well he is crying right now, so I'd say no"
"Well can you try to get him down here, Lauren is getting released soon and that might uplift him"
"Ofcourse we're leaving now"
"Great"
Then dale had hung up, I walked back into Johnny's room. I heard him in his bathroom and he was throwing up. This is what happens when you're so sad you become sick. It happened to me too when caleb died, me and john were not very different from each other. I went into his bathroom and found some medicine in my pocket from when I tried to commit. I filled a cup up with water and once Johnny had stopped throwing up I handed it to him. He drank some of it, then I gave him the pill and he swallowed that with the rest of the water.
"Come on john, we're still going to see your sister"
He just nodded as he got up and we went into his car. Johnny was driving and surprisingly was okay. Once we got there he hesitated, but came anyways. Once we got there we saw mer and dale and walked over to them. Mer was crying as dale had no expression on his face.
"You guys finally made it" dale said.
I smiled at him as Johnny just looked down, the most I've seen him be quiet.
"Well Lauren will be getting out any second" dale said.
Soon later Lauren came walking out with just a few scars and cuts, She walked over to us.
"Omg annie!" She said before hugging me.
She then pulled away and looked at her parents as she hugged them too. Then Johnny had walked out of the hospital, I followed after him. We ended up sitting on a curb.
"Annie I really wanna be alone"
"Just tell me what's wrong first john"
John sighed and spoke,
"I'm losing everyone important in my life, first my bestfriend all the way up to my sister"
"John I'm so so sorry. But you still have many of people who care about you, so don't push them away"
He smiled at me and then put his arm over my shoulders.
Soon later we went back to his house and into his room, laying on his bed next to each other.
"I'm gonna go live and then explain that I'm going to be taking a break from the internet"
I nodded at him in response as he wrapped his arm over my shoulders. He then took his phone and went live. Soon thousands of people were on and he had started to explain.
"Hey guys I'd like to explain some things, annie is here to help me"
"I'd like to first say that I'm very thankful for you all and love you all very dearly"
"But due to some family issues at home I've decided it would be best for me to take a break from the internet"
"Maybe other people will post for me, but honestly I just need a break"
"But I love you all again and hope you have a good day, goodbye"
He then had ended the live.
"So are you okay john?"
He just nodded as he laid his head on my shoulder slowly falling asleep.