Chapter Twenty Five

Today we get our grades back on our essays, tomorrow we have exams and it's also the last day before break. I nervously walk into the classroom and sit down next to Harry. The professor hands the papers back. I had stayed up nearly all night doing the essay to make sure it was perfect. I am about to get my piece of parchment back when I hear some yelling from the hallway. The professor quickly hands me the paper and goes to the door, I look at the grade. A Ninety Four. I did good. Filch comes running into the classroom saying that there is a dementor trying to attack students in the next classroom over and everyone needs to leave. I look at Harry who has already stood up and gotten his wand out. I don't want him to go, somebody else can. I stand up too. We are directed out of the classroom and into the courtyard. Harry tried to go and fight the dementor but the professors and Filch wouldn't let him go. I still stay close to him though in case the dementor comes out to the courtyard. We have to wait for a while, some students start to ask what's going on but nobody has an answer for us. I am on high alert for the dementors so I am the first to see when one is in the courtyard. I tap Harry's shoulder repeatedly.

"What?" He snaps, then he sees.

I am the closest to the entrance of the courtyard so the dementor goes right for me. The creatures are dreadful looking, like they came back from the dead. The image of seeing a dementor this close to my face won't go away for a while after this. I am thankfully pushed out of the way by Harry "Expecto Patronum!" he yells. A white light shines out from his wand. He protects a whole class of students by sending the dementor away. He only cares about me though, he runs back up to me and asks me if I'm ok, I reply that I'm fine.

We are instructed to go back inside and into the Great Hall. Everyone has to sit on the floor while the professors figure out what to do. I start to talk to Harry about break and what we will do.

I go back home to my parents for the first few days, after that I stay with the Weasley's just because it's tradition.

"Are you excited to see your parents?" He asks.

"Yeah I can't wait to go home and see my family, ooh and I will be able to play guitar since I didn't take my guitar with me to Hogwarts because my parents didn't want it to get ruined." I say.

"Oh I didn't know you played guitar." He says. I picked up guitar over the summer since I don't really have much to do. I have enjoyed learning a lot, and I have always sung a little. I don't play for anyone but myself though so I don't really know if I'm any good. We ended up staying in the Great Hall almost all day until they were sure that there would be no more dementors.

Tonight we will pack up our stuff so that we are ready to go tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up! We're going to The Burrow today!" Hermione says pulling the covers off of me. I jump up and get ready for the day.

"Hermione you're going to The Burrow. I'm going home for a few days. But I'll see you soon." I say. She looks a little disappointed that we won't get to arrive at The Burrow together but I'm sure she understands.

On the train I sit next to Harry, and across from Hermione and Ron.

"Ron would you stop kicking me?" Hermione snaps.

"Well sorry you keep putting your feet in my space." He retorts.

"Unbelievable." Hermione mutters. They always argue like an old couple but it's so obvious that they really like each other. Of course when the trolly comes Ron gets a bunch of sweets. Hermione rolls her eyes.

I don't want to miss out on things at The Burrow for the first few days but I still want to have some time with just me and my parents. I have a really good relationship with my parents and tend to miss them a lot while I'm at school but I try not to say anything around Harry about my parents to not make him feel bad.

"Anyways, who's excited for Christmas?" Harry asks.

"I'll miss you guys the first few days of break. You'll have to inform me on what happens." I say.

"Yeah I wish you could come the whole time but I get wanting to spend time with your parents." Hermione says.

"Yeah me too, but we will see you in a few days." Ron says.

"Well I can't really relate to the parents part but I'll miss you." Harry says. Everyone just kind of awkwardly stares. "It's a joke, you can laugh." He says. We just nervously laugh a little.

The rest of the train ride is quite boring, it usually is though. There isn't much to do so I pretty much stare out the window the whole time.
————————————————————————
Not the dead parents joke. Harold stop pls.