Chapter 6

The next day, Kamari was with Quinton.

"Well, it's summer so i think we should make something that's like...I don't know. A chill vibe, but something fun. Something people can ride to", Quinton said.

"Yea, you're right", Kamari said as she sat back and thought to herself.

"I think it should be something about cruising through the city as a couple or someone you just having fun with", Quinton said.

"Quinton, where were you the nights when I used to try to think of songs?", she asked.

Quinton chuckled. "Call me QC", he said.

"What? Something wrong with Quinton?", Kamari asked.

"Nah, I just like QC better", Quinton said.

"Alright...QC", Kamari said with a slight smile as she looked at her book. "There was this song I started last year but I never finished it, because...because I no longer felt that way about somebody but now I'm good and besides, I think that it would sound good with your touch", Kamari said.

"Alright, let me hear it", Quinton said.

Kamari looked through her notebook. "Okay here it is"

Kamari cleared her throat then she started singing.

***SONG: H.E.R - Slide (ft. YG)

"All he wanna do is gas me. How we end of up in the back seat? Just tryna get to the bag, we on the same page, you the same way. Only keep the fam around me, so let me know what it's gon' be. I don't play on getting no sleep", she sung.

Kamari continued to sing the lyrics until she was done.

"And then I want you to come in and then we'll finish off with the chorus", Kamari said.

"Bet. But I like that", Quinton said.

"Thank you", Kamari said.

"Sing it again", Quinton said.

Kamari sung the song again.

Quinton nods. "Let's go to the studio. I think I got something", Quinton said.

"Already?", Kamari asked.

"Hey. I told you I'm good like that", Quinton said with a smirk as he stood up.

Kamari chuckled. "Oh I'm starting to see that confidence of yours", Kamari said.

Suddenly, Kamari's phone starts ring.

Quinton looked at it. "Damn, that's like the 5th time ain't it?", he asked.

"I don't know what's wrong with him", Kamari said before she answered the phone. "Hello?", she said.

"Hey, just checking in on you", Malik said

"I'm fine", Kamari said.

"Alright then", Malik said. "I'll see you tonight"

"Okay. Love you. Bye", Kamari said

"I love you too. Bye", Malik said.

Kamari hung the phone up and stood up and they started walking.

"Overprotective I see?", Quinton said.

"...I don't wanna say all my business but it's for a reason I think", Kamari said.

Quinton nods.

"But anyways. I'm getting my money today so I cannot wait to get my car", Kamari said.