Chapter 32

"So are you going to her back with him?", Faith asked.

"I don't know", Kamari said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"How come?", Faith  asked.

"...i rather not say. It's not my business to tell", Kamari said.

"Is it bad?", Faith asked.

"To me it is, yea...but he says it isn't the case anymore and I don't know what to believe", Kamari said.

"Is that the only reason your hesitant?", Faith asked.

"...kinda. I don't know", Kamari said.

"Mari, you keep saying I don't know", Faith said with a chuckle. "Do you want him or not?"

"I was really starting to like Quinton. I love the way he treats me, the way he does things without asking, how patient he is. He's like the perfect guy other than the fact that I found out that..."

"Come on just tell me", Faith said.

"He was aggressive with his last girlfriend?", Kamari asked.

"Like with sex?", Faith asked.

Kamari looked at Faith with a straight face.

"No Faith!", Kamari said.

"Oh. My bad", Faith replied.

"Like abusive", Kamari said.

"Mmm", Faith said.

"He said it isn't him anymore and I kinda believe him", Kamari said. "Well not kinda, I do believe him. Not because he said it but because of his actions"

"Actions do speak louder than words huh?", Faith asked.

"Yea...but I don't know. I think I may take him back. I think that maybe I was letting my fear get into the way of things between us", Kamari said.

"Malik got you that messed up?", Faith asked.

"It's just that with Malik I thought things were perfect...not perfect but good enough for me to be happy and it turned out to be a lie. I feel the say way with Q that I felt when me and Malik started dating and I just don't wanna get my heart broken again", Kamari said.

"...just let things flow between you and Q. Stop thinking about the past. The past is the very thing that will hold you back", Faith said.

Kamari nods.

"But if he was abusive...just be careful", Faith said. "Your brother and your best friend don't play that shit and I doubt he'll touch you because of that"

Kamari chuckled a little.

"...I'll talk to him", Kamari said.

————

That night, Kamari knocked on Quinton's door and he eventually open it. She held up a tiny gift bag when he did.

"I come in peace and I brought gifts", she said

Quinton smiled a little and moved out of the way for her to walk in.

"Come in", he said.

Kamari walked into his apartment.

"Or shall I say gift", she said.

"Why though. I thought I was the one in the wrong", he said.

"No. I was", she replied. "The whole, I love you thing was getting me and I guess I unconsciously tried to find ways to block you out. Like when you asked me about Malik, I hesitated because in my mind I knew that would push you away but in all honesty...I don't want him. I want you...and I guess I wasn't scared because you said it but because...I think I love you too and I didn't wanna admit that for my heart to stepped on again"

Quinton walked up to her and caressed her cheek.

Kamari looked at him as he did that.

"I don't wanna hurt you mentally, physically, or emotionally...I just wanna love you", he said.

Kamari smiled a little.

Quinton began kissing her and Kamari was kissing back.

Quinton eventually stopped kissing.

"And I will especially never hurt you physically", he said as he looked into her eyes.

Kamari nods.

Quinton stopped touching her cheek and stepped back.

"What's that?", Quinton asked referring to the gift bag.

"Having a hard time trusting each other is one of our flaws and I was wrong. We back help each other trust so to show you that you can trust me, I decided to give you this", she said as she handed him the bag.

Quinton opened the bag and saw a key.

"It's a key to my apartment", she said. "You come there a lot and sometimes you have to wait for me so I thought I'd just give you a key. Oh and we've known each other for like a year know and I know you, so I feel comfortable with you having it"

Quinton nods. "That's what's up. I gotta you a key to my crib too", he said.

"I don't want you to feel forced", she said.

"Nah. I don't feel forced because one day we'll be living together so why not take this step now", he said.

"So you're already imagining us living together? This whole fiasco didn't have you second guessing that?", Kamari asked.

"Nah. I just think of it as a set back", Quinton said. "I mean it's better for our feelings or thoughts to be dealt with at the beginning than later on. For example, I thought that it was a chance that your ex could get you back but I was wrong and now I trust your judgement and I know you can handle things on your own"

Kamari nods.

"I mean I know I probably have some things to prove to you still but I'm just going to continue to prove it", he said.

Suddenly, Quinton's phone rang.

Quinton looked at his phone.

"Oh shit. I forgot I gotta go to my studio session", he said. "I got 10 minutes to get there"

Quinton kissed her forehead.

"Just sleep here. I'll be back in a few hours", he said.

"Um okay", Kamari said.

Quinton asked the phone.

"Yo?...yea I know I have my session in 10 minutes I'm not going to be late bruh...wait hold up", Quinton said before he put his phone to his chest. "Not saying that you should need it but I got a gun in the nightstand just in case"

"Yea I don't know how to shoot", Kamari said.

"Well shit, if something pops off you better learn", Quinton said with a smile before he put the phone back to his ear. "I'm on the way"

Quinton grabbed his keys and left.

TO BE CONTINUED.....