Chapter 37

When Kamari was done with her meet and greet, she walked with Quinton to his car.

"I just wanna apologize for acting like that earlier. I just...I don't know. I got jealous", Quinton said.

"Yea, but did you really have to act like that? I mean dang Q", Kamari said.

"No I didn't. But at the same time it's like who wouldn't fall for you. I mean like your personality, your smile, the way you talk...those are the very things that attracted me to you the most", Quinton said. "...I just feel like if you act that way to another guy, he'd feel the same way"

"So you want to me someone I'm not when around other men?", Kamari asked. "My image includes my personality. I don't wanna be known as a Bitch"

"Yea. I know. I thought about that and that's why I'm apologizing", he said.

"...you said your last girlfriend cheated on you...well so did my last boyfriend and if anyone knows what it feels like to be dogged than it's me. So I wouldn't dare do that to someone else", she said. "Yea, these guys can be a little reckless but I can handle myself. Besides everybody knows I'm QC's girl"

"My queen actually", he said.

Kamari smiled.

Quinton started kissing Kamari. Kamari began kissing back then pulled away.

"Let's get to the room. I'm tired", she said.

"Okay", he said.

They walked to his car and he opened the door for her. Kamari got into the car before Quinton shut the door for her.

—————

3 months later, Kamari was back from her tour a month ago and is currently at her mom's house. She fixed Kamari her favorite meal. Ox tails, collard greens, macaroni, yams, and cornbread.

"Oh my gosh", Kamari said after she took her first bite of the food. "I haven't had this in months"

"Same", Parker said. "I almost forgot how good mama's cooking was"

"If you stay off the streets, you'd have more of it", their mom said.

Kamari started laughing.

"Shut up", Parker said as he looked at Kamari.

"But um where's justin?", Kamari asked.

"Out with his friends", their mom replied.

"Oh", Kamari said.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

"I got it", Parker said as he got up and walked out of the kitchen.

"So when will I be able to meet your boyfriend?", their mom asked. "I mean I know who he is and I've seen him on TV..but I would like to get to know him"

"Soon. I promise... I've just been so busy", Kamari said.

"Tonight would've been a good night", their mom replied.

"...yea tonight would've been good but um...", Kamari didn't finish her sentence. She just heard Parker in the living room.

"What's up Q?", Parker said.

Kamari made a face and got up and walked out of the kitchen. She saw Quinton and Parker dapping each other up.

Quinton saw Kamari and smiled.