( a world collapse. ) k. kenma

kozume kenma

    𝕴ts like a painting from a video game; the thought etches into kenma kozume's mind and he only stares in silence as the world begins to fall unto his pretty golden eyes. the sky was transparent when a growl scatters across the broken heavens. and the grounds below him shook, almost desperate and parched.

ones in awhile, kenma wondered what he'd feel like when the world would perish right before his eyes, would he feel regret, scared, unsatisfied? the list of possible emotions surfaced once again, swirling in his almond orbs. as the world shifted, with kenma doing nothing but stare in silence, he felt a tug on his sleeve and he turns to meet your eyes. the pudding-haired boy glances at you and was expecting your eyes to be wide in horror, watching the sky fold and destroy and collide, however he finds your steady eyes staring back at him, not even daring to peak at the sight in front of them, and kenma did the same.

the growls were shallowed and kenma could only hear his heart on his ears, beating fast. you took a moment, almost like you're memorising the shape of kenma's eyes, his cheekbones, jaw and his pale lips. you inhaled a breathe, and cracked a peach-sliced smile so small but genuine that it brightens your eyes. "are you satisfied?" you're voice was warm compared to the thundering sounds parading the static air. kenma never breaks his gaze on you.

"there's not a lot of things i have been really passionate about, but right now," he pauses, tipping his chin up, his gaze leaves momentarily as he smiles up at the clouds that's been sliced in halves, his smile gentle, hair flowing silently against the cold cold winds. "i feel happy now."

from your position beside him, you laugh heartily, then with your fingers clutching fabrics of his sleeves, you tug him softly towards you and you bury your nose on his shoulder, inhaling longingly like you want to know his sugary apple scent one last time, one more time, like your heart longed for him and only him in a world that will end in a minute or less.

you press your forehead on his arm, hiding the strawberry that kisses your cheeks. "then, is it game over then?"

it takes a second for your voice to register on his head, your voice, it was something kenma would listen to every single day. he wasn't sure if it was his peace of mind or your soft tone that made him feel at ease, feel comfortable. "yeah," there was a smile on kenma's face. "it's game over."

your smile was the last thing he sees before the world collapses, and it was indeed game over for the two star-crossed friends that lived in two separate worlds,

only to realise they were lovers in the last five seconds of a world's ending, and their smiles for each other were their unshared kiss they never knew they wanted till the last second.

end.