( shelter ) n. yuu

nishinoya yuu

𝕭eyond the sky looming with heavy clouds, they mutter a series of whispers. the raindrops had approached quickly than you expected, battering the streets with its vivid acrimony, drumming heavily unto the surface. your feet drops onto the puddles, your form soaked wet as you scurry to find a safe place to seek from the stabs of droplets falling.

for a moment you stopped breathing, the cold hands of rain running down your figure as the absence of oxygen kicked powerfully.

    you were breathless.

    cold.

    and under the heavy vision of darkness.

     that is until, someone calls out your name with such delicacy - a distant voice you had remembered all too well. you turn, just in time to spot that golden drenched bangs he sported with uniqueness, and then, the rain that penetrated your soul vanished in an instant. replaced with a warm hand that gently grasps your wrist, pulling you further into the warm covers of his jacket.

    "your lucky i almost caught up to you." he says with a chuckle.

     such gentle hands were caressing your hair, fondness and warmth you had remembered. then, you seek into his muddy eyes beneath those framed lashes, sending a myriad of comets that came barrelling into your heart. you loved his smile dearly, it quickly lights up your world like fireworks.

    "Nishinoya," your voice was low, soft and gentle. you blink as the always loud male rubs his thumb on your cheek, discarding the droplets of rain that came rolling down.

    "idiot. I told you to wait for me." you say nothing, nor were you offended by his statement. instead, you were staring into his eyes that glances back at you with affection. he was with you as he walked through the thunders and screaming rain. he held you tight and kept you hidden beneath his jersey jacket and bright blue umbrella.

    it was silent when you walked with him, but all you cared about was that warmth he always radiated. it was the kind of warmth that blanketed you from any frigidness. always abundant and comforting, there was no other person who could shelter you with affection than the one and only nishinoya yuu.

    he glances at you for a moment, seeing as the rain subsided and the golden sunlight dipped with marigolds in a twilight field peaks in through the grey growling skies. the asphalt - covered pavement sparkled with translucent glitters that reflect through the darkness of his eyes, he smiles at you setting his umbrella down and holds your hand.

    "let's go home."

    and somehow, his smile is contagious.

     "yeah." you laughed softly. "let's go home.

end.