( beloved bouquets II ) a. keiji

akaashi keiji

𝕭right and golden, the sunset spills its righteousness colours onto the pavement, drizzled with the dark glow of the ocean blue sky. the train station filled with lots of memories - now scattered in soft petals of cherry blossoms, its ethereal glow of long ago still lingering with happiness. at that time, akaashi keiji was a lost boy who had wandered alone. though he had his faithful friends and volleyball companions - there would always be an empty piece within the constellations of his ice-cold chest. his eyes the mixture of green and flecks of grey like night cactus beneath brewing storms, they grew distant as he stray in a lost path.

until on that youth-dripping night, he met someone that resembled the flowers sprouting in his arms. innocent-looking, pure and bright as the gates of heavens above, your soft voice was like an angel's lullaby to the boy's silent ears.

    your uniform seems to flutter under the absence of a wind, and for a moment of utter silence, his feet was stuck under the glittering pavement. rooted as the boy stares at you kicking your feet lightly into the air - the tip of your sneakers barely touching the ground. your button-nose dusted with a rosy glow, and eyelashes like the flaps of angel wings covering the gorgeous gems of pupils that stares up the jejune sky.

what an enthralling little thing, he murmured to himself.

like a little hare peeking its nose upon a dandelion field, caresses by the winds. he met you on that day, and his heart was set to stone.

from being pretty strangers that meets upon the train station - to endearing acquaintances - warm friends then the bond that his heart screamed with desire. he had found himself falling for the beloved person on the train station.

"akaashi?" The night was young as akaashi spins to see you, the person he had cared so deeply. now as the years of bond flowed through time - you looked more mature and beautiful. he smiled warmly.

"(y/n)." on that very night, his voice fell like fluffy marshmallows. You let out breathy chuckle, seeing the way he looked at you made it feel like you are swimming on a pool dripped with heaven's dew and glamour.

"What?"

"Happy birthday." He replies softly.

Hearts fluttered like butterflies in their ribcages, and the ripples of affection were flowing within his eyes. You could see it, and a warm blush along with a soft smile paints your face. You send him a shy smile, and a glance that meant a thousand unspoken words - before turning away.

    On that night, you celebrated your birthday with sightseeing nature; seeing the small ripples of the glittering lake reflected by the moon, the swans that inhabit it - slicing the water surface, the wild tames of grass, and the millions of cicadas and fireflies humming through the night.

   And your eyes softens when you had caught one firefly onto your palm, you watch the little critter glow and flap its wings making a small smile appear on your face.

    "What is it?" Akaashi stops pushing you from the swings and you turn to him with a bright smile. He steps in front of you and leans it, the both of you watching the golden glow of the insect. You see Akaashi's green eyes light up, like he had something in mind.

     He smiles, with a knowing look. "Why don't you make a wish, [y/n]?"

     "A wish?"

      Akaashi chuckles, placing his hands under yours almost reassuringly, the warmth that radiates from his palm dances beneath your flesh making your body ease comfortably. "It's your birthday afterall, is it not?"

     His green orbs watches you silently and you nod your head.

     "Alright, close your eyes and make a wish."

     "Okay, fine."

    The moment your eyes settled, all images of your time with Akaashi came flashing. Your heart skipped and you can't help but let a smile dance across your lips. You knew that you had harboured feelings for Akaashi for a long time now, your heart never fails to remind you every time you lay your eyes on the male.

    Akaashi Keiji is a dream worth living in. A world of beautiful colours and warm smiles. For your birthday, all you ever wanted was to say this worlds to him,

    To say, I—

      "I love you."

   Then your eyes were open, dazed and confused. But the first colour your vision focuses on was white, the familiar soft and flowery scent wafts your senses and then you noticed Akaashi with a bouquet of familiar flowers in his arms.

    Gypsophilas.

     "Akaashi?" He hums at your question.

     "W-what did you say just now?" You thought your mind was playing tricks with you, but when the words left your lips—Akaashi breaks into a chuckle, his voice rich and kind, they were melodies to your ears and a blush erupts into your cheeks. You watched with wide eyes as Akaashi kneels with one knee in front of you, his eyes showing kindness.

    Your heart wouldn't stop humming a sweet lullaby.

     "I said, I love you."

    "Akaashi," You avert your flustered face away from him, for a moment nothing happened until you felt him lay the soft flowers onto your lap and places his hands on either side of the swing, holding your hand.

   You turn your head at his actions, then you vaguely felt his soft lips touch your forehead. Akaashi's warm lips felt like rose petals, they brush against your skin briefly before he pulls away, brushing away a strand of your bangs away from your eyes.

"I've known you for quite some time now, each time felt like a dream. Even if you don't reciprocate my feelings—without you, I would not have been the person I am today. So, I wanted you to take these flowers, they remind me so much of you. So whenever you feel down, I want you to know that you have me to always be by your side."

He carries genuine emotions. His hair painted like midnight roses, eyes like twirling greeneries and lips, they resemble so much of soft flower petals that you can't help but lean in to capture those ones again.

You did not utter a single word, but he knew,

That you felt the same way.

Oh, my dear beloved.

Though you befit the only crown of my love-struck heart,

Your lonesome soul, they resemble so much of a bundle of flowers, each a different yet striking and soft kind.

Oh, you know how much I adore you,

My little beloved bundle of flower bouquet,

Our love had exceeded the very expanse of my world, growing like flowers on a field.

And you, with that same kind smile on your face.

How utterly beautiful.

part two, end.