Lionheart

So, I think this is what a lot of you have been waiting for...

First thing's first- the name 'Marie' is pronounced 'Ma-ree', not 'Mary'. :)

I don't know why any of you would ever feel forced to watch the videos I post with the chapters, but don't feel obliged to watch them. As I like to listen to music while I read and write, I sometimes put up songs for you to listen to, in case you feel like it.

Above, or to the side if you're on a computer, is a video of a song that goes with this chapter. Feel free to listen to it as you read, if you so desire.

-TAAF_

{#}{#}{#}{#}{#}{#}{#}{#}{#}{#}

Dick's POV

A couple hours later, at around seven, I found myself knocking on Scarlett's door, her favourite Tim Hortons order in hand. When she opened the door, she glared at me.
"What do you want?"
"I brought you Tim Hortons." I said, holding up the bag and cup of white hot chocolate.
"Oh." Scarlett said softly, her glare replaced with a sad look. "Why?"
"Because I wanted to make sure you were okay, and I thought this might make you feel better."
"Oh, well thank you." She murmured, taking the bag from me when I offered it. "What's in there?"
"A BLT with no tomato, toasted on whole wheat, a medium white hot chocolate with whipped cream and a chocolate dip doughnut."

As I listed her order, her eyes narrowed.
"Huh, maybe you do care." She mused, opening the door a little wider. Leaning against it, she looked up at me. "Do you wanna come in? I feel like we should talk." I nodded eagerly, as I had been waiting a month for a chance to explain myself. Scarlett let me in, and I pulled off my shoes after I set down my food I got from the coffee shop, hoping we could eat together.
"Where's your dad?" I inquired.
"In Florida on business." Scarlett replied as she got two plates, unwrapping her sandwich and placing the plate designated for me on the kitchen table, across from where she sat down. Smiling a little, I sat down, putting my sandwich on the plate.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, looking at her pale face, her eyes red from presumably crying.
"No." Her voice squeaked in the middle of the word, a really sad look on her face. "But why would you care, anyway? You said I'm nothing to you." Scarlett's eyes welled with shiny tears, looking from me to her phone, that had just buzzed, and as she read it, she scoffed.

Scarlett's POV

I glanced down at my phone as it buzzed, scoffing as I saw the text.

Benji Mumford: Take him back. Please!!!!! He's miserable without you.

It buzzed twice more.

Spencer Blackwell: Just forgive him, it'll save us all a lot of grief.

Benji Mumford: TAKE HIM BACK SCARLETT DONOVAN HE LOVES YOOOOOOUUUU. ;) JK JKJKJKJJJJJJKKKKK ;))))))))

I scoffed again.
"They must be drunk." I laughed, turning my attention back to Dick.

Dick's POV

Then when Scarlett gave me her attention again, I replied.
"What I said wasn't true, okay? I know I said it, but I honestly didn't mean it, I just wanted Taylor to think she didn't have competition." I said sincerely, my tone begging her to believe me.
"But you liked her."
"Ugh- I don't know! Maybe I did-- not anymore..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say.
"Why not?"

"She insulted someone I really care about." I replied, not saying it was the redhead in front of me, just yet.
"Who?"
"You." I stated simply, the beginnings of a smile on my face.
"Oh." Scarlett said, her voice small, taking a bite of her sandwich. "Cool. What'd she say?"
"That you're a crazy bitch, after you left geography."
"Whatever, let her think that. She doesn't understand."
"No, no she does not." I agreed, working on my food a bit.
"No one does, except for maybe you." Scarlett whispered, a tear falling from one blue eye. She scoffed, looking up to try and hold back the glimmering tears.
"Hey," I murmured, reaching across the table without thinking, taking her hand. "It's okay."