Robin

Well, my friends, one year ago today was the day "Boom- Prologue", the first instalment of Archangel was published. It's taken a full year for this chapter to happen. The contents of this chapter are also very fitting.

Thank you bookworms56 (Thing Two) for telling me how disappointing the first draft of this chapter was, pushing me to edit it into something I'm very proud of, even though you didn't say it out loud. I could see it in your eyes. ;)

Thank you PotterLupinBlack for helping me come up with a plausible scenario to go with what I wanted to do in this chapter.

The response to last chapter was overwhelmingly underwhelming. The read count is way down. :(

I blame exams.

The video is of the song that goes really well with the last part of this chapter, and I recommend starting to play it when you read "PAP! PAP! PAP!"

;)

You may thank me later.

- TAAF_

<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>

Scarlett's POV

"How much is it?" I pondered, looking at the impressive bike.
"I can get it for a thousand." Charlie answered.
"I don't have a thousand dollars."
"Well, I do."
"You're not buying me a freaking motorcycle."
"Sure I am." Charlie trotted over to his computer, siting down.
"No, no, no!" I scolded as he typed. "No! Stop! Cease and desist!" Charlie could type really fast, I couldn't even tell what he was doing, exactly. "What are you doing?!"
"Buying you a motorcycle." The Brit answered, as though it wasn't a big deal.

"No!" I practically screamed. "You're not buying me a motorcycle!"
"Actually, I just did." Charlie snarked, winking at me. "It'll be delivered here in 7-10 working days."
"Oh, fuck you." I rolled my eyes, really mad that he just spent one thousand dollars on me. "At least let me pay for part of it." I suddenly thought of the money Oliver gave me.
"How much yeh got?"
"Five hundred."
"A'ight." Charlie replied, grinning. "Really, it's fine, I can buy it for you though. It'll be like my little contribution to your crusade."
"I'm not on a crusade!"
"Kind of, don't lie."
"Whatever."

...

It started snowing that evening, which was a surprise. I had been expecting rain. Dad was away, as per usual, so I was doing the dishes after the dinner I ate alone. As I stared out into the snow, I thought about Charlie. Why did he buy me that stupid motorcycle? That was beyond generous, I'd say too generous. Sure, he might be really wealthy, but he just tried to spend one thousand dollars on me. I felt a little better having given him half of it. The only person who I knew that spent that kind of money was Dick, on a diamond necklace for me.

But he was my boyfriend, my filthy rich boyfriend, so I let it slide.

Charlie was someone I've known for a month or so. It was weird that he got me something so expensive. As was how easily I was trusting him, and to be honest, I didn't know why.

...

"Charlie, I'm so cold!" I complained into the black-encased device I held to my ear, my eyes scanning the streets below my perch on a rooftop looking over a busy street. My bike had since arrived a week after Charlie ordered it, and I absolutely loved it.
"Well, I'm sorry! There's not much goin' on around you! Tha's a good thing, in'it?" Charlie snarked back in defence of why I was standing around doing absolutely nothing.
"I suppose," I huffed, glimpsing up at the dark sky, watching the snowflakes fall. "God, I'm so bored!"
"So am I." A disembodied and grating voice was heard from behind me, causing me to spin around.