I Can Fix You

Hello everyone, it's been a while. I'm glad to be posting this chapter. I'm really quite proud of it. I hope you all like it too.

Also, thanks bookworms56 for beta-reading and helping me. :*

(And thanks Thing One, for finally reading. ;)

- TAAF_

One more thing, I recommend you start listening to "In My Veins by Andrew Belle" when Scarlett hears a knock on her door. :)

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Dick's POV

I was so terrified and rightly so, because a split second later, Batman gripped me by the throat and wrenched me off the ground.

I gasped, my hand automatically finding his wrist in an attempt to gain a little control over him before I could execute any kind of escape.

"HOW?!" Batman roared, tightening his grip. I dug my nails into his wrist, struggling to breathe.

"She guessed!" I wheezed, my heart frantically trying to pump blood to my head, past Batman's bone-breaking grip. "St-stop!"

In that second, I exploded.

My feet found his hips, and I forced them down towards the floor. Batman dropped me, and stumbled backwards, seething. I fell, rolling backwards over my shoulder to get away, sweeping into a crouched and aggressive stance, in one fluid motion.

"STOP!" I bellowed thunderously, my body tense, so absolutely full of furious indignation, I wanted to attack him.

For a split second, what I thought might have been sorrow crossed over Batman's face, perhaps when he realized what he had done. He turned away, his sweeping cape rippling out from behind him, and I could tell that he was rubbing his face, which came before a great sigh.

I was still gasping for breath, raking my fingers through my hair, and still venomously angry.

"Dick..." Batman tried to start speaking, but I didn't let him as he turned around.

"No, you know what?! I almost died tonight. I was bleeding out, prepared to take your secret to the death with me. I would've fucking died for you, Bruce! I'm bloody sick of you using me! I'm more than just your sidekick, your-- your puppet to play with. You're supposed to be my father! I should mean a hell of a lot more to you than that. You'd care more about whether or not your identity stayed secret to one person, a good person, I might add, then the fact that tonight might have been my last. You don't care that you never would've seen me again if not for that one good person."

My speech was followed by another very thick and heavy silence. I was so done with him at that moment, and I didn't know how to express it. I was so full of apoplexy, I didn't know what to say.

"I'm going to find Scarlett." Batman graveled, turning back around to leave.

"Jesus Christ! Can't you just leave her alone?!" I shouted in exasperation.

"No." Batman barked, leaving the Batcave, leaving me wondering:

Where do we go from here?

...

Scarlett's POV

My boyfriend was Robin. My boyfriend was Robin. Dick's surrogate father was Batman. Dick's surrogate father was Batman.