Heaven's Got A Plan For You

Scarlett's POV

Light was a wonderful thing; it always found a way to shine bright even in my darkest moments.

And in that brilliant light, my pain was gone.

Something didn't feel right.

When I finally opened my eyes, I knew something wasn't right.

I wasn't in the concert hall anymore: I didn't even know where I was at all.

Lush grass was the bed on which I lay, still in the dress I was beaten and tortured in. My blood was still marking the fabric, but there was not a single cut on my body to be found.

As I turned my head to my right, I was just about blinded by the brightness of the sun, setting over seemingly endless hills.

It was then that I realised: this was a part of my grandparents property, yet all signs of horses or people were gone.

What was going on?

"Hello Scarlett."

I spun around, startled out of my mind.

The speaker was a lanky man that I didn't think I'd ever seen before, dressed similar to Jeremiah;

However, this man's, or rather angel's armour was far more impressive, complete with a golden helmet much like the Ancient Greeks wore to battle. It was adorned with sweeping wings that matched the ones on his back, gleaming and brilliant in the setting sun, extending what seemed like at least ten arm's lengths.

"Who are you? W-where am I?!" I sputtered, attempting not to gawk at his beauteous presence.

"You don't remember?" He asked, smiling a little, bittersweetly.

All I could see under his helmet were his eyes, a clear and piercing blue.

"No."

"I think you will." He said, curling his fingers around the brass sculpture covering his face, to reveal stunning, yet worn-in features.

He looked familiar, yet I couldn't quite place why.

"Come on, who are you?"

"I am Archangel Gabriel. You don't remember me?"

"N-no."

"Hm. I've missed you these past eleven years." He murmured, his eyes soft.

"E-eleven years--" I murmured, cold shooting up my spine. My mother died eleven years ago: I was healed eleven years ago. "Are you the angel who saved me?"

"Yes, my love."

"Wait a minute-- am I dead?! Is that what's going on?"

"Scarlett--"

"You bring me to a place I'm comfortable and break the news that I'm done? Is that how this works?" I cried, striding closer to the man who claimed he was the Archangel Gabriel.

"My love," He murmured softly, almost as a parent would, not having nearly the calming effect he'd likely hoped. Panic rose in my throat as I struggled to talk.

This couldn't be it. It wouldn't.

"No, don't do that!" I snapped. I was not ready for this. "You say you're the one who pulled me out of the rubble all those years ago, right? I don't know if that came from you, or God, or Jesus or whoever, but you had a plan. Someone had a plan."

"You have to understand--" Gabriel tried again.

"No, please let me talk." I begged, stepping closer, desperately needing to speak. "Someone had a job for me, okay?"

"I know, Scarlett." Gabriel breathed, tears pooling in my eyes as I took a deep breath, resting my hand on his gold-plated chest.

"Someone had a job for me, all those years ago, they saved me so I could do it. And I'm not done it yet." I whispered, the tears making tracks down my face as my voice shook violently. "I need you to let me finish it. I am not done yet."

There was silence before I opened my mouth once more.

"Please, Gabriel, for the love of God. Let me finish my job."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank you for reading everyone!

There will be one more chapter after this (I PROMISE) and then Archangel will be complete! I plan to post again tomorrow because tomorrow is the anniversary of when I started this book! I appreciate full circles.

Again, I apologise for my lengthy absence. Thank you to those of you who haven't given up yet.

Please comment to let me know what you think!

- TAAF_