Chapter 12

P.O.V - Andrew

"Mom, can I go over to Jason's house?" I ask her.

"Yeah just for a little while because dinner will be ready soon," my dad replies instead of my mom.

I run out the door not bothering to put on a coat in the freezing weather. Jason doesn't live far from here so I sprint the whole way. I arrive at the door but I don't knock. He is pissed at me no doubt. I finally build up the courage to knock. When the door opens Jason is standing there. When he sees that it's me he closes the door again. I quickly stop it with my foot and Jason glares at me.

"What do you want, Andrew?" Jason asks with anger in his voice.

I catch my breath then say, "I found out about Olivia and I found her diary and – "

"Why would you have her diary?" He cuts me off.

"It's a long story," I reply "At first I didn't believe that it was my fault but after reading the diary, I found out it was my fault. She really liked me and I really liked her. I was too stupid not to notice," I admit.

"I agree one hundred percent," Jason replies about to close the door.

I stop him again and continue speaking. "I know you saved her and I know that you also like her. I want you to know that I am sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen."

Jason keeps staring at me and I look down at my feet. I hear the door slam shut. I knew he wouldn't accept my apology. I look up and see that Jason is standing out here.

"Are you really sorry that you screwed up everything?" Jason asks.

I nod my head and wish that I would've brought a coat.

"And you know that this is all your fault?" Jason points his finger at me.

I nod again not making eye contact.

"Good, let's go," he walks away from me.

"Where?" I ask running to catch up.

"You are going to fix all of this," Jason replies not looking at me.

"How? Olivia's in a coma," saying this was a big mistake. Jason probably didn't know.

"I didn't know," he replies while turning around to look at me.

I have never seen so much anger in one person.

"You cause a girl that loved you to attempt to kill herself then you come here to apologize to me. I don't need your apology! Olivia does! She's in a coma and could possibly die," Jason pushes past me back to the front door. "I never want to see your face ever again!"

"But Jason – "

"Shut up! Don't talk to me," Jason spits.

"No, I want to fix this I really do," I say with tears welling up in my eyes.

"You can't fix this. The only way is if she still loves you and you say sorry. She probably hates you I wouldn't be surprised," Jason shakes his head at me.

The door closes behind him and I decide to take a walk. To the bridge. I'm not going to kill myself, no, I just want to sit there. I walk through the woods dodging tree branches and thorn bushes. I arrive at the bridge and stare at it. I bet Olivia sat at the edge of the bridge hating me. I sit on the edge and try to imagine what was going through Olivia's mind. I don't understand how someone could just go and kill themselves. Did I really put her through that much pain? I look down at the water and imagine Jason jumping in after her. For a second I imagine myself falling down off this bridge. Erase the thought from my mind and stare down at the water. I stand up and walk back home. I don't even eat dinner. I lay down in bed and fall asleep. Why did I do this to her?