Chapter 11

P.O.V - Andrew

When I get home from school I run right to my parents. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" My mom turns around to look at me.

"What Olivia did to herself," I reply throwing my hands up into the air.

"Sweetie, it wasn't really our place to tell you," my mom replies.

"That's something Olivia's parents would have to tell you," My dad walks out of the bathroom.

I run downstairs and out to the fence. I stare at the spot where she used to lay each morning. I guess it's true that you don't know what you have until you lose it. She is never going to forgive me. I really am an asshole. I loved Olivia and I didn't even realize it. I refuse to believe she killed herself because of me. I really hope she is okay. Then I hear a knock on the door. I run inside and my mom answers the door. My worst nightmare stands on the door mat. Mrs. Johansson, Olivia's mom.

"Come inside, I am so sorry about what has happened," my mom welcomes her.

Olivia's mom walks inside and sits down on the couch. I just stand in the hallway as my mom and dad sit across from her.

"There's something you should know about Olivia," Mrs. Johansson wipes her eyes with a tissue she pulled out of her pocket. "After she was brought to the hospital we got the news. She's in a coma."

"Oh my god," My mom gasps. "Will she ever wake up?"

"She is in such bad condition that they don't think she will ever wake up," Mrs. Johansson starts to cry.

"How bad were her injuries?" My dad asks Mrs. Johansson.

"She didn't have any horrible cuts or bruises she only hit her head. Usually when this happens it doesn't take long for someone to wake up from the coma. The thing is, well, she tried to kill herself," Mrs. Johansson blows her nose, "and they think she doesn't want to wake up. They said she is so sad and depressed that they can't do anything to help her."

I run upstairs because I can't stand one more second of this. All of this couldn't have been because of me. Could it? There is only one way to answer my questions. Olivia must've kept some kind of diary, every girl does. I walk back downstairs and sneak out the back door. I run outside and climb the fence into Olivia's backyard. I try to guess which window is Olivia's bedroom. I examine all of the window curtains. Dark brown, white, or pink. I go with the pink curtains. Somehow I step up onto the door's doorknob and climb up onto one of the window sills. I look down and feel dizzy. There is no way I can get to the other windows so I climb inside the window with the white curtain. I look around and I realize I am standing inside a bathroom. I quietly open the door and try every single door in the hallway until I find Olivia's room. Inside it looks like any other teenage girl's bedroom. I search everywhere until I find a journal stuffed under her dresser. Jackpot. I take the journal and realize there is no reason I needed to sneak in through the window. Olivia's mom is at my house and her dad is always working. I sneak back out the back door and lay down in the snow covered grass like Olivia would do. I open up her diary and read:

He betrayed me. After everything, he turned on me. I am too blind to realize that I am better off without him. The problem is that I can't live without him. He thinks that I'm desperate and a fool. I still really like Andrew and nothing will change that. Nothing.

Today Andrew started spreading rumors about me and I have never felt so heart broken. Courtney is in ISS but I have no doubt that she will also join in with the rumors. I am so heartbroken it is unexplainable. I really like Andrew and I can't believe he would treat me the way he does after one mistake. It was his fault all along anyway. I can't live without him. So why live at all?

I stop reading and close that diary. It's all my fault. This would've never had happen if it wasn't for me. I need to apologize to Olivia right when she wakes up. That'll make her feel better. But then I realize something. Olivia jumped of a bridge and the police just happened to show up and save her. Someone must've called 911 and saved her. Who? I walk back inside and all the adults are now sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee.

"I have a question, Mrs. Johansson," I interrupt.

"What is it?" Mrs. Johansson asks me. She has seemed to stop crying.

"Someone had to have saved Olivia, who was it?" I ask her.

"Oh I forgot about that part," Mrs. Johansson replies. "A boy jumped in after Olivia and saved her life."

"What was his name?" I sit down at the table.

"I forget, it was like Jackson or something. I'm not too sure," Mrs. Johansson replies.

Jason. It was Jason. That's why he found out right away. He loves her. I need to fight for her. I need to apologize to Olivia. "When is Olivia allowed to be visited?" I ask.

"Oh I don't know, probably the end of the weekend," Mrs. Johansson replies smiling.

"Okay, I would just really like to see her," I say looking down at my shoes.

"That'd be very nice for Olivia's sake," my mom smiles.

Would it? What if Olivia hates me? I have to fix this.