Chapter 30

Allison’s POV

It’s been 3 days. 3 days of hell to be honest with you. I’ve been spending a lot of time with the boys, strengthening my relationship with them, but at the same time it was hard. Everyone was noticing the distance I was putting between Zayn, Louis especially. No one has dared to ask what was happening, and I liked it that way.

They didn’t need to know why I was stopping myself from getting closer to Zayn. Not that they knew that anything was happening between us in the first place. But they knew that Zayn and I were close, obviously. So it doesn’t surprise me that they’re confused on what’s happening.

Zayn hasn’t been himself these past few days. He won’t even look me in the eye anymore. To know that I broke his heart crushes me. But it’s not like I have a choice in this! I want to be with Zayn more than ever but if I want to have him, I can’t be in the situation I’m in now. They’ll only hurt him and I couldn’t live with myself knowing that Zayn got hurt by Shawn due to another one of my stupid decisions.

I feel horrible. He’s so mad and I hate it. He hasn’t said a word to me. Not even a ‘hi’. If I’m sitting in a room by myself and he walks in, the first thing he does is turn around and walk away, and that breaks my heart.

He just can’t understand that I did this so we won’t be as hurt in the long run. But he’ll understand it someday.

The one problem about what happened is the fact that according to the rest of the world, we’re still dating, which means that Zayn and I have to still be couply in public. Even worse, our interview was rescheduled for today. I even called Simon the other day asking if we could announce ourselves broken up to the world but he said it would be too sudden and make me look like a little fling. It made sense but with my situation right now, the last thing I want is to have to connect with Zayn.

I peeled myself off my bed as I gave myself a long stretch. I walked straight into the washroom and quickly stripped out of my pyjamas and jumped into the hot shower.

I took my time lathering my body with my vanilla scented body wash as I let the hot water message my tense back. Once I finished washing my hair and body, I stepped out of the shower and into the cold room. Quickly, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked to my closet.

I glanced at the clock flashing on my bedside table. 11:45. we have less than an hour to get to the interview at 12:30.

Is it bad that I’m nervous?

I changed into a half decent outfit for the interview. Usually, I’d ask Zayn what to wear, but right now, talking to him isn’t really my number one choice.

I changed into a black pencil skirt and an appealing light blue shirt. It wasn’t a slutty outfit; it was somewhat professional yet sexy at the same time. It wasn’t anything too revealing, but it was enough to show that I wasn’t a lazy slag.

With a towel wrapped around my hair, I walked into the washroom again. I began to brush my teeth then applied some makeup.

I blow dried my hair dry before going over it with the flat iron.

Once I was satisfied with the way I looked, I took a deep breath before walking out of the washroom and into the living room. I’m sure Zayn was in there waiting for me.

My heart rate picked up with every step I took. I and Zayn alone... how is this going to turn out? I honestly don’t even know.

I’m even more nervous for this interview. We’re going to be talking about us the entire time, when really there is no “us” in the first place. It’s going to be hard. The fact that Zayn can’t even stand me right now just makes everything so much worse and I don’t think I’m prepared for this.